It is summer break and the boys, and I were getting creative! This is a fun activity and breakfast idea for the kids this summer! My boys are teenagers, but they still enjoyed creating their own Breakfast Skewers! What a creative way to get some fruit in their breakfast!
I picked up the skewers at Kroger and then we got to work. There are many ways to create your skewers. You can pick different fruits, dip them in chocolate, dip them in syrup, or add a little Nutella to the pancakes. There are so many ways you can create your own Breakfast Skewers!
- 1 box pancake Mix
- Cook small pancakes, following the directions on the box.
- Slice bananas.
- Slice Strawberries
- Layer pancakes, bananas, strawberries, and blueberries in any order you want.
Other Kid Friendly Recipes
- Fruit Nutella Waffle – Say goodbye to the boring waffle! This is one of our favorite breakfast recipes and everyone likes to create their own! We own the Hamilton Beach Flip Belgian Waffle Maker from amazon!
- Loaded Smashed Red Skin Potatoes – My family loves potatoes and I think I have made them in every way possible. My Youngest LOVES this recipe and has learned to make them himself! We have made this all easier by using Potato Express Microwave Potato Bag. This bag is a game changer!
- Homemade Cinnamon Rolls – I have learned my kids love seeing and tasting the finished product. They get so excited when these come out of the oven!
- Homemade Breakfast Burritos – Homemade Breakfast Burritos- Easiest Breakfast Freezer Meal! This recipe is very easy to prepare and makes 16 on the go breakfast burritos. My husband loves having these in the morning on his way out the door to work! They are perfect to prepare on Sunday for the week and to freeze too!
- Ham Bacon Egg and Cheese Casserole – I began to think about all our freezer meals and wondered if this would work for this Ham, Bacon, Egg, and Cheese Breakfast Casserolerecipe. This would be something easy for the kids to pop in the microwave every morning in the summer or before school. I thought I could always mix it up and replace the Ham or bacon with sausage to give them something different.
Shelley is a boy mom, marine wife, and is blessed with an amazing family. She loves sharing recipes, travel reviews and tips that focus on helping busy families make memories.