Why I think you should invest in a MockMill
Why I think you should invest in a MockMill. Have you ever considered milling your own grains? I have to say that when my dear friend Christa first mentioned it to me, I thought she was crazy. Fast forward 10 years and now I am doing it. What? Have I lost my mind? I think not.
Lately there has been a lot of media attention to “pioneer living”. At first when I started hearing the trend I immediately thought of the books and TV show, “Little House on the Prairie”. Those were the simple times of living. I can’t imagine what Laura Ingalls Wilder would think about all the technology that we have at our fingertips today.
When Christa shared with me the extreme health benefits of grinding your own grains and making bread, I thought about investing in a grain mill but at the time I was a stay-at-home Mom and couldn’t afford the investment. Boy, do I wish I could go back in time and tell my 30-year-old self that this was an investment in my family’s health but knowing me like I do, I doubt I would have listened then.
After I was diagnosed with Celiac Disease, I became aware of how expensive gluten free grains are. Six years ago, I started eating organic grains. Purchasing organic grains is expensive. I don’t always have control about what is added to the ground grains that I purchase. By grinding my own grains, I am able to provide quality grains for my family. I am also able to provide gluten free grains for myself.
There are a wide variety of reasons why I was interested in grinding my own flour. However, the bottom line is for our health and wellness. I received a Wolfgang Mockmill to review and was really interested to see how easy it would be to use plus it is not bulky and easy to store away when not in use. I quickly found out that you can instantly turn your KitchenAid stand mixer (Mockmill works with AEG, Electrolux, Kenmore, and KitchenAid Stand Mixers) into an automatic stone mill with the flip of a switch! No more need for hand grinding or expensive trips to the store with this amazing attachment.
Why I think you should invest in a MockMill:
- It is easy to use and clean up. It is also not loud. I thought it might be extremely loud and it wasn’t. My dogs didn’t bark which is always a good thing.
- With a grinding speed of 220 revolutions per minute the Mockmill ensures that the grain and flour does not heat up during the grinding process which offers nutritional benefits.
- You can grind all wheat, rye, oats, barley, corn, brown rice, millet, spelt, quinoa, amaranth, and dry legumes. You cannot grind nuts or oils seeds.
- This is an affordable option for families that eat gluten free. The Mockmill will pay for itself quickly as you no longer have to buy expensive specialty flours.
- It is a healthy choice. By freshly milling your own flour, you’ll get all of its nutritious whole-kernel goodness and natural flavor.
- It is created by people passionate about eating better.
You can save $80 when you purchase your Mockmill now through 8/31/16! Mockmill provided an amazing money saving offer for you! Their summer Mockmill promotion is pictured below. It’s a collection worth $259 and with our special code, stockpilingmoms YOU SAVE $80! Woo Hoo! Now is the time to invest in your health.
What is in the Mockmill kit?
- A Mockmill
- “Flour Power” by Marleeta Basey, a comprehensive introduction to the benefits of home milling.
- Freight paid to your door
- A variety of grains (traditional or gluten free options)
This is a $280 value for just $179.00 — when the mill originally retails for $229! This would be a great investment for yourself or as a Christmas gift! Don’t miss this Mockmill promotion that expires on 8/31/16. A great choice for all of your bread recipes!
Disclosure: This is a sponsored post on behalf of Mockmill. All opinions are 100% my own.
Melissa is a football and soccer mom who has been married to her best friend for 24 years. She loves sharing recipes, travel reviews and tips that focus on helping busy families make memories.