Check out What to Pack for a Day at the Beach from our past experiences! Heading out to any beach can seem like the perfect relaxation day, but sometimes it can be harder than you expect. Following our tips, you’ll have just what you need on hand to make everything easy!
What to Pack for a Day at the Beach
Before you start planning what to pack, figure out what beach you want to visit next. What is offered at the beach you pick will make a big difference on what you pack. For instance, a public beach that has public restrooms and changing facilities is always on my list. I prefer going somewhere that offers me comfort and privacy for those necessities as well as for the times when something just doesn’t go as you plan.
- A wet and dry bag for changes of clothing and keeping car seats clean and dry.
- Extra sunscreen
- Bug spray since some beach areas also have tall grasses nearby that may bring in insects.
- Towels for drying off between swims
- A king-sized fitted sheet to use as a picnic blanket (Just put something in each corner to keep it on the ground)
- A beach umbrella
- Cooler with drinks – take plenty of water, electrolyte drinks, and juices
- Ice packs in the cooler to keep things cool, and to use when you get too hot
- Aloe Vera Gel
- Sunglasses and hats for everyone
- Books to read
- Snacks that are easy finger foods (chips, popcorn, string cheese, fruit, and yogurts are favorites)
- A first aid kit with band-aids, antibiotic wipes, and a small supply of things like Benadryl, Ibuprofen, and Tylenol.
- Baby wipes and/or hand sanitizing wipes
- A change of dry clothing for after the swim.
- Sandals as well as other shoes for walking after swim time.
- Waterproof cases or bags for cell phones
- Card games
- Travel pillow or lounge chair for napping
- Beach toys for making sand castles
These tips and a great list of what to pack for your upcoming day at the beach are going to make your summer so much easier to manage!