Vegetable Casserole is a family favorite recipe passed to me by my Mom. It is great for taking to potlucks! I love how easy it is to prepare. I often mix it up in the morning and then add my buttered cracker crumbs right before I put it into the oven. You could even add chopped chicken for a one dish meal!
We love to serve this easy side dish at holidays too! It is the perfect side dish because it is inexpensive and easy to prepare. I often reduce the butter and it is just as good!
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup shredded cheese
- 2 cans mixed vegetables Veg-All
- 1 can water chestnuts, chopped
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 4 TBSP butter
- 1 package townhouse crackers you can use any brand
- Melt 2 TBSP butter and grease dish.
- Combine all ingredients except the crackers and place into the greased 2 quart casserole.
- Melt an additional 2 TBSP of butter and mix with 1 package of crushed townhouse crackers. Cover the top of your casserole with the buttered crumbs.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes.
Casseroles Weekly Menu Plan:
Thursday – Chicken Enchilda and Rice Casserole served with sour cream, cilantro and lime wedges
Stockpiling Moms can be found in all your favorite places. Hop on over to Instagram and follow the fun. We love posting memes, family fun, travel, and whatever we are feeling that day. Pinterest is also an amazing place to visit Stockpiling Moms. This is where you can pin all your favorite articles from our Food, Travel & Lifestyle Blog.