Crockpot Applesauce BBQ Chicken is a delicious recipe with only 6 ingredients! Three of those ingredients are spices you probably already have in your pantry. When I came across this recipe and I was planning Freezer Cooking Meals, I couldn’t resist giving it a try! All I needed was chicken, applesauce and BBQ sauce in addition to the spices, which makes it so easy. This dinner recipe was so easy to put together in a freezer ziploc bag and just as easy to thaw and put in the crockpot. You can easily dump the ingredients straight into the slow cooker or you can prep as a freezer meal.
To prep as a freezer meal, label a gallon size ziploc bag with name of the recipe and cooking directions. Mix pepper, applesauce, BBQ sauce, sugar and chili powder in ziploc bag. Add chicken and stir. Lay the bag flat in the freezer. When you are ready to make it, put the bag in the fridge overnight to thaw. In the morning spray crockpot with non-stick cooking spray, or use a crockpot liner for easy clean-up. Pour the contents of the bag into the crockpot. Cook 6-8 hours on low setting.
I served it on a bed of rice with a side salad and garlic bread. My kids loved the sweetness of this meal and want to know when we will be having it again. It was delicious and is already on the menu for a second time! I hope you enjoy this easy Crockpot Applesauce BBQ Chicken Recipe as much as we did. It is soon to become a family favorite at your house once you give it a try!
Crockpot Applesauce BBQ ChickenPrint Recipe
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 t ground pepper
- 2/3 cup chunky applesauce
- 2/3 cup BBQ sauce I used Sweet Baby Ray's Brown Sugar/Hickory
- 2 T brown sugar
- 1 t chili powder
- Label ziploc bag with nale of recipe and directions.
- Mix pepper, applesauce, BBQ sauce, sugar and chili powder in ziploc bag.
- Add chicken and stir.
- Lay the bag flat in the freezer.
- When you are ready to make it, put the bag in the fridge overnight to thaw.
- In the morning spray crockpot with non-stick cooking spray, or use a crockpot liner for easy clean-up.
- Pour the contents of the bag into the crockpot.
- Cook 6-8 hours on low setting.
Stockpiling Moms can be found in all your favorite places! Hop on over to Instagram and follow the fun! We love posting memes, family fun, travel, and whatever we are feeling that day! Pinterest is also an amazing place to visit Stockpiling Moms. This is where you can pin all your favorite articles from our Food, Travel & Lifestyle Blog!
Shelley is a boy mom, marine wife, and is blessed with an amazing family. She loves sharing recipes, travel reviews and tips that focus on helping busy families make memories.