Turkey Pot Pie is a great recipe to help use some of that leftover Thanksgiving turkey. A very moist pot pie with lots of veggies and taste. My boys love when I make this and I love that it is a one dish meal. Perfect to serve with leftover Easy Pumpkin Pie. A great shortcut method is to use a store bought pie crust!
Turkey Pot Pie is a delicious comfort food that is perfect to make after Thanksgiving. Just use whatever leftovers you have or a pack of frozen veggies of your choice!
Be sure to give this savory dinner recipe a try! Once you make a turkey pot pie the day after Thanksgiving you will never look at leftovers the same again!
Turkey Pot PiePrint Recipe
- 1 recipe pastry for a 10 inch double crust pie
- 4 tablespoons butter divided
- 1 small onion minced
- 2 stalks celery chopped
- 2 carrots diced
- 3 tablespoons dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cubes chicken bouillon
- 2 cups water
- 3 potatoes peeled and cubed
- 1 1/2 cups cubed cooked turkey
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup milk
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C).
- Roll out bottom pie crust, press into a 10 inch pie pan, and set aside.
- Melt 2 tablespoons butter in a large skillet over medium heat; add the onion, celery, carrots, parsley, oregano, and salt and pepper.
- Cook and stir until the vegetables are soft.
- Stir in the bouillon and water.
- Bring mixture to a boil.
- Stir in the potatoes, and cook until tender but still firm.
- In a medium saucepan, melt the remaining 2 tablespoons butter.
- Stir in the turkey and flour.
- Add the milk, and heat through.
- Stir the turkey mixture into the vegetable mixture, and cook until thickened.
- Cool slightly, then pour mixture into the unbaked pie shell.
- Roll out the top crust, and place on top of filling.
- Flute edges, and make 4 slits in the top crust to let out steam.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 15 minutes.
- Reduce oven temperature to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C), and continue baking for 20 minutes, or until crust is golden brown.
Crockpot Turkey Breast of Wonder – Pinned 14,400 times to Pinterest! A delicious twist on a turkey breast.
2 Ingredient Slow Cooker Turkey Breast – Pinned 11,600 times to Pinterest! A must if you are making a turkey breast for Thanksgiving.
3 Ingredient Slow Cooker Turkey Breast – Add one more ingredient and try this flavorful turkey breast.
How to cook a moist and delicious turkey in a roaster oven – Pinned 3,200 times to Pinterest! My favorite way to prepare a turkey.
In case you are preparing a ham too:
How to cook a Ham in your Slow Cooker – Pinned 43,700 times to Pinterest! A must if you are cooking a ham at Thanksgiving.
Recipes for Turkey Leftovers:
Holiday Menu Ideas:
Hop on over to Instagram and follow the fun! We love posting memes, family fun, travel, and whatever we are feeling that day! Pinterest is also an amazing place to visit Stockpiling Moms. This is where you can pin all your favorite articles from our Food, Travel & Lifestyle Blog!
Shelley is a boy mom, marine wife, and is blessed with an amazing family. She loves sharing recipes, travel reviews and tips that focus on helping busy families make memories.