The Pioneer Woman Chicken Tenders Recipe is out of this world amazing! My family raved and raved about these moist, delicious chicken strips. My husband and boys were already asking me to make these again before dinner was even over.
First, You start with a few ingredients – chicken strips and buttermilk. Place in a bowl and let them sit in the fridge for 15-20 minutes or longer.
Second, you add flour and seasoning together in a bowl and slowly stir in buttermilk to make some crumbles for the chicken tenders. Don’t skip this part because it s what’s makes these chicken tenders so good!
Next, Roll the chicken strips in the flour mixture and place on a plate. Heat your oil in a skillet and once ready place the chicken tenders in oil carefully and fry on each side.
We hope you enjoy The Pioneer Woman Chicken Tenders as much as we do! They are always a crowd pleaser at our house.
Pioneer Woman Chicken Tenders Recipe
- 1 package Chicken Breasts Cut Into strips - 2 lbs. (or you can use chicken tenderloins)
- 2 cups Buttermilk
- 1-1/2 cup Flour
- 2 - 3 Teaspoons Lawry's Seasoning Salt or Spices Of Your Choosing
- Vegetable Oil
- Start by rinsing and drying your chicken strips.
- Next, in a bowl submerge the chicken strips in 1 and 1/2 cups buttermilk for 15 to 20 minutes (or longer if you’d like).
- In another bowl combine about 1 1/2 cups flour and 2 to 3 teaspoons of Lawry’s Seasoning Salt (or other seasonings if you prefer).
- Mix this together well.
- Next, add about 1/4 to 1/2 cup of buttermilk into the flour mixture and stir lightly with a fork as you add it.
- Heat about 1 inch of vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium-low to medium heat.
- Remove a few of the buttermilk-soaked strips and place them in the flour mixture, turning them over to coat them thoroughly.
- Place them on a plate.
- Continue coating chicken strips until they are all ready to cook.
- When the oil is sufficiently heated, begin cooking the strips a few at a time.
- Cook them for about a minute and a half or so on each side.
- When golden and crispy, remove them to a paper towel-lined plate.
- Serve with your favorite dipping sauce. Yum!
More The Pioneer Woman Recipes
Paula Deen’s Recipes
Hop on over to Instagram and follow the fun! We love posting memes, family fun, travel, and whatever we are feeling that day! Pinterest is also an amazing place to visit Stockpiling Moms. This is where you can pin all your favorite articles from our Food, Travel & Lifestyle Blog!
Shelley is a boy mom, marine wife, and is blessed with an amazing family. She loves sharing recipes, travel reviews and tips that focus on helping busy families make memories.