It’s so hard for me to believe that it is already May! Before we know it, the kids will be out school for the Summer! Peyton just recently asked me I have completed my spring cleaning.
I really hated to admit but I have not completed my Spring Cleaning yet! EEK! With only a few short weeks before summer break starts that means I better get busy! I thought I would share with you some tips and tricks for keeping Spring Cleaning Easy and Effective.
5 Tips & Tricks for Spring Cleaning:
1. Set the date. Mark the day on your calendar that you are going to do your spring cleaning. This should be a date that you will have no disturbances or have to leave to run errands and preferably it is a day without children. If that is not possible you may want to break your cleaning up into several chunks of time that coordinate with nap time or when you may have fewer disturbances.
2. Create your plan. Decide what you want to get accomplished and make a detailed check list. For me I choose to do deep cleaning for my Spring Cleaning. I remove all of the cushions from the sofa and chairs and use my vacuum to really get a deep clean. I pull out the furniture from the walls and vacuum behind and under all the furniture. I clean all of the lighting fixtures, ceiling fan and air intake vents. I also open all of the windows and clean in the window seals with my vacuum and then clean all the windows both inside an out. I clean all the baseboards in my house and finally I deep clean all of the bathrooms. I want them so clean you could eat off the bathroom floor! Depending on the size of your house will determine how long this will take.
3. Collect your supplies. It is important to stock up on cleaning supplies and be sure that you have everything you need. I head to Walmart where I can quickly pick up everything I need to tackle spring cleaning. I purchase Pinesol, Clorox Scrub Singles, 409, Tilex, Clorox Toilet Wand, Clorox Disinfecting Wipes, Clorox Dust Wipes, Viva and/or Scott paper towels and make sure that I have a good Vacuum with a new bag. The Clorox Toilet Wand can be found in the mop & broom aisle at Walmart. I always keep rubber gloves, a bucket and old rags handy too! When it comes to keeping my toilets clean I am a HUGE fan of the Clorox Toilet Wand. I have used it for years! It is so simple to use when you clean your toilet and best of all you simply click the disposable toilet cleaning head in place, swish the toilet bowl and toss the head into the trash when you are done.
It is so simple that even Peyton loves to use it! Plus I have no fear that he will touch the used cleaning head as it simply clicks off into the garbage. So you click, swish & toss. I said goodbye to my icky toilet brush years ago and never looked back! The Clorox Toilet Wand cleans what a traditional brush leaves behind (a powerful clean). The disposable cleaning head preloaded with Clorox toilet bowl cleaner attaches to the Toilet Wand handle to power through tough stains while killing 99.9% of germs.
4. Have fun. I know this sounds strange but crank up your favorite tunes or create a special playlist and have a dance party while you clean. If you are smiling while you clean you are going to enjoy it more. Another bonus is you are also going to burn calories while you clean. Be sure to drink plenty of water. I like to make up a batch of my favorite homemade flavored water. This is a great way to get your house ready for summer and at the end of the day you are going to be really happy that you did it. I love how clean and fresh my house feels once I am done.
5. Reward yourself. When you are finished with your spring cleaning you deserve a reward! Take yourself out for an ice-cream to celebrate or to Starbucks for your favorite drink. You deserve it! Oh and there is NO cooking dinner the night you complete your spring cleaning. That is another part of the reward. Let someone else cook and clean up after you!
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Clorox. The opinions and text are all mine.