Spicy Sloppy Joe Recipe
This recipe for Spicy Sloppy Joe Recipe is perfect for my husband and my middle son who love things hot! They both have a great taste for spicy food and when I made these sloppy joe’s they were in heaven. My husband wants to know when I am making them again, he wants them back on the menu soon.
Sloppy Joe’s are a staple in my house because they are so easy and quick to make in less than 30 minutes! Perfect on a busy night when my kids have multiple activities going on and I have very little time to fit dinner in. Dinner is very important to me, as I think of it as a place, we can all be together and talk about our days as a family. I like to serve these Spicy Sloppy Joe’s with Crockpot Macaroni and Cheese.
This Spicy Sloppy Joe Recipe is perfect for those hot taste buds! I like to serve it macaroni and cheese or tater tots.
Spicy Sloppy Joe Recipe
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1/2 small onion finely chopped
- 1/2 small green pepper finely chopped
- 1 8 ounce can no-salt-added tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 tablespoon distilled white vinegar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon hot sauce more if you want it hotter
- Spray a large nonstick skillet with nonstick cooking spray.
- Crumble in ground beef; add onion and green pepper.
- Cook over medium heat for 8 minutes.
- Stir occasionally.
- Add tomato sauce, ketchup, vinegar, Worcestershire, sugar and hot sauce.
- Mix well, breaking up beef with a wooden spoon.
- Simmer on medium-low, uncovered, for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Spoon equal portions of meat mixture onto buns and enjoy!
More Sloppy Joe Recipes
Gluten-Free, Casein-Free Sloppy Joe Skillet
Stockpiling Moms can be found in all your favorite places. Hop on over to Instagram and follow the fun. We love posting memes, family fun, travel, and whatever we are feeling that day. Pinterest is also an amazing place to visit Stockpiling Moms. This is where you can pin all your favorite articles from our Food, Travel & Lifestyle Blog.
Shelley is a boy mom, marine wife, and is blessed with an amazing family. She loves sharing recipes, travel reviews and tips that focus on helping busy families make memories.
What kind of hot sauce? i’m not sure which one to use. Please advise since I want to make these tonight.
We use Franks Hot Sauce. You can use any brand you prefer.