Slow Cooker Chicken Broth recipe is a great way to make chicken broth and have cooked chicken to freeze! I love to use this method to make my chicken broth that I use for recipes and then I shred the chicken and freeze for future recipes as well.
It’s a 2 in 1 deal! All you need is fresh veggies, spices and chicken. I will usually use onions, tomatoes, celery and carrots with spices, but sometimes I just use what I have leftover for the week.
I place everything in the crockpot with water and let it slowly cook all day. After about 8 hours I pull out the chicken and set it to the side. Next, I spoon out all the veggies and pour the broth into mason jars to store in the fridge until I am ready to use it. Such a simple way to make chicken broth using your slow cooker. Slow Cooker Chicken Broth recipe is the BEST way to make homemade broth!
Slow Cooker Chicken Broth
- 3-4 whole boneless chicken breasts
- 1 large tomato diced
- 1 large onion cut into large pieces
- 2 whole celery stalks diced
- 1 tbsp parsley flakes
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 3 cups water
- Add all ingredients to crockpot.
- Place lid on top and cook on low 8 hours.
- Remove chicken and set to the side.
- Remove all veggies and discard.
- Slowly pour chicken broth into container and store in the fridge or freeze for future use.
- Shred chicken and freeze or use in recipe right away.
More Slow Cooker Recipes
Stockpiling Moms can be found in all your favorite places. Hop on over to Instagram and follow the fun. We love posting memes, family fun, travel, and whatever we are feeling that day. Pinterest is also an amazing place to visit Stockpiling Moms. This is where you can pin all your favorite articles from our Food, Travel & Lifestyle Blog.
Shelley is a boy mom, marine wife, and is blessed with an amazing family. She loves sharing recipes, travel reviews and tips that focus on helping busy families make memories.