Shrimp Scampi with Linguine is one of my all-time favorite seafood recipes to prepare. If you love seafood this is the recipe to try. I have friends that think shrimp is only good fried but found this delicious. I personally love all seafood whether the fish is grilled, BBQ or fried. Make sure you pin this recipe for Lent!
I love to use Dreamfields pasta when making this yummy seafood dish. Dreamfields pasta is healthier for you lower in carbs and great for diabetics.
Shrimp Scampi with Linguine is a delicious dinner recipe that is perfect for Lent
Shrimp Scampi with Linguine
- 1 box linguini
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil plus more for drizzling
- 2 whole shallots finely diced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- Pinch red pepper flakes optional
- 1 pound shrimp peeled and deveined
- dash Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup drycooking white wine
- 1 whole Lemon, juiced
- 1/4 cup finely chopped parsley leaves
- For the pasta, put a large pot of water on the stove to boil.
- When it has come to the boil, add a couple of tablespoons of salt and the linguini.
- Stir to make sure the pasta separates; cover.
- When the water returns to a boil, cook for about 6 to 8 minutes or until the pasta is not quite done.
- Drain the pasta.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, melt 2 tablespoons butter in 2 tablespoons olive oil over medium-high heat.
- Saute the shallots, garlic, and red pepper flakes (if using) until the shallots are translucent, about 3 to 4 minutes.
- Season the shrimp with salt and pepper; add them to the pan and cook until they have turned pink, about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Remove the shrimp from the pan; set aside and keep warm.
- Add wine and lemon juice and bring to a boil.
- Add 2 tablespoons butter and 2 tablespoons oil.
- When the butter has melted, return the shrimp to the pan along with the parsley and cooked pasta.
- Stir well and season with salt and pepper.
- Drizzle over a bit more olive oil and serve immediately.
Fish recipes @StockpilingMoms:
Other StockpilingMoms Recipes:
15 Easy Meals in 30 Minutes or Less – It is a win when you can prepare dinner is 30 minutes or less!
30 Healthy Slow Cooker Chicken Meals – You already know we love a good slow cooker recipe, and this list of 30 Healthy Slow Cooker Chicken Meals is a great example of the best we have to share.
Easy Weeknight Meals for Busy Moms – Sometimes you just need a quick and easy meal!
Hop on over to Instagram and follow the fun! We love posting memes, family fun, travel, and whatever we are feeling that day! Pinterest is also an amazing place to visit Stockpiling Moms. This is where you can pin all your favorite articles from our Food, Travel & Lifestyle Blog!
Shelley is a boy mom, marine wife, and is blessed with an amazing family. She loves sharing recipes, travel reviews and tips that focus on helping busy families make memories.