Shel’s Accidental Tex-Mex Dinner recipe was a total mishap, but it turns out to be one of my husband’s favorites!! A couple of weeks ago we strayed from the menu because we were so wanting Chicken and Noodles. So, I put a split chicken in the crock pot in 2.5 cups of water and cooked it all night on low!! It smelled so good!!
The next morning, I was up shredding and picking the bones out of the chicken! That is when the phone rang, and we received a dinner invitation we could not refuse! So, I put a Ziploc bag of shredded chicken in the frig!! The next day, I wanted to make sure I used the chicken…and that is how Shel’s Accidental Tex-Mex Dinner was born and it is so EASY!!! A TOTAL ACCIDENT WE LOVE!!!!
Shel's Accidental Tex-Mex Dinner
- 1 lb Split Chicken Breast
- 2 cans RoTel Tomatoes with Green Chilies
- 1 can Green Enchilada sauce
- 2 cans refried beans
- 1 bag Kraft Mexican Cheese
- 1 container Sour Cream
- 1 bottle Hidden Valley Spicy Ranch
- 1 package Santa Fe Rice
- Cook the Split Chicken on low in a crock pot with 2.5 cups of water. (I usually do it overnight, which is 8-10 hours, just easier for me, but you can adjust times)
- De-bone chicken and shred, put in Ziploc in Frig until you are ready to make dinner.
- In a large pan, warm chicken, 2 cans of Rotel Tomatoes with green chilies (DRAINED), and Green Enchilada Sauce. and Preheat oven to 350.
- While you are warming chicken mixture, also be warming refried beans.
- Make Santa Fe Rice (I use Uncle Bens)
- When everything is warm and ready to serve, layer refried beans on 4 tortillas, add chicken mixture, and add cheese.
- Put Wrapped tortillas in the oven until the outside is slightly crisp.
- Drizzle heated Spicy Ranch over the tortillas
- Add Sour Cream on top
- Serve with Santa Fe Rice
Stockpiling Moms can be found in all your favorite places. Hop on over to Instagram and follow the fun. We love posting memes, family fun, travel, and whatever we are feeling that day. Pinterest is also an amazing place to visit Stockpiling Moms. This is where you can pin all your favorite articles from our Food, Travel & Lifestyle Blog.
Shelley is a boy mom, marine wife, and is blessed with an amazing family. She loves sharing recipes, travel reviews and tips that focus on helping busy families make memories.