Potato Crusted Cod is one of my husband’s favorite seafood dishes. I love how simple and easy it is to make. Potato Crusted Cod is a delicious recipe that is perfect for Lent.
Potato Crusted Cod
- 3 whole large russet potatoes peeled and coarsely grated
- 1/4 cup fine dry bread crumbs
- 1/4 tsp. dried thyme
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 4 fillets fresh or frozen thawed cod fillets, about 6 to 8 ounces each
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 3 large eggs beaten
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Lightly coat a sheet pan with cooking spray.
- Toss together the grated potatoes, bread crumbs, thyme, salt and pepper in a 13x9 inch baking pan.
- Pour vegetable oil to a depth of 2 inches in a large deep skillet and heat to 350 degrees.
- Place the flour in 1 pie plate and the eggs in another.
- Working 1 at a time, dredge the cod fillets in the flour, shaking off excess.
- Dip the floured fillets into the egg to coat, letting the excess drip off.
- Crust the cod with the potato mixture, pressing to adhere.
- Add the crusted cod fillets to the oil and fry until the potato coating is crisp and lightly browned.
- Drain the cod on paper towels then transfer to the prepared sheet pan.
- Bake the cod about 5 to 8 minutes until cooked through.
- Serve immediately.
Be sure to check out these other Seafood dishes:
STOCKPILINGMOMS FAVORITE DESSERTS
Hot Fudge Ice Cream Delight is one of my family favorites!
Death By Chocolate Trifle Dessert is for all our chocolate lovers out there.
Easy Pineapple Upside Down Cake only takes 15 minutes to prepare and then throw it in the oven!
Chocolate Chip Cookie Bites for all the chocolate chip cookie lovers! Who doesn’t like a chocolate chip cookie?
Interested in Freezer Cooking?
We have a Freezer Cooking 101 Series that you may enjoy!
Stockpiling Moms can be found in all your favorite places. Hop on over to Instagram and follow the fun. We love posting memes, family fun, travel, and whatever we are feeling that day. Pinterest is also an amazing place to visit Stockpiling Moms. This is where you can pin all your favorite articles from our Food, Travel & Lifestyle Blog.
Shelley is a boy mom, marine wife, and is blessed with an amazing family. She loves sharing recipes, travel reviews and tips that focus on helping busy families make memories.