I love this Patriotic Trifle Recipe for Memorial Day, July 4th or Labor Day! It is perfect for picnics and time together with family.
This recipe is sure to be one of everyone’s favorites. Best of all it is a no bake recipe and so easy to prepare. I like to serve it in a huge glass bowl because it really showcases all of the red, white and blue colors. It is a crowd pleaser for sure.
The best part about this dessert recipe, is you can prepare it the day before! For a busy mom like me, I love that it is something I can make ahead of time before our party. It leaves time for me to do other things and keep the stress away when planning for a large crowd to come over. Be sure to try this delicious Patriotic Trifle Dessert this summer, you will not be disappointed!
I hope you enjoy this Patriotic Trifle Recipe. It is perfect for your next themed party and sure to be a crowd pleaser.
Patriotic Trifle RecipePrint Recipe
- 1 3 oz package berry blue gelatin
- 1 3 oz package strawberry gelatin
- 2 cups boiling water
- 1 cup cold water
- 2 cups cold milk
- 2 3.4 oz. packages each instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 oz. cartonfrozen whipped topping, thawed, divided
- 1 pint fresh blueberries
- 1 quart fresh strawberries, quartered
- 1 whole prepared angel food cake (8 to 10 ounces) cut into 1-inch cubes
- In two small bowls, combine each gelatin flavor with 1 cup boiling water. Stir 1/2 cup cold water into each. Pour each into an ungreased 9-in. square pan. Refrigerate for 1 hour or until set.
- In a large bowl, whisk milk and pudding mixes for 2 minutes. Let stand for 2 minutes or until soft-set. Fold in 2 cups whipped topping.
- Set aside 1/4 cup blueberries and 1/2 cup strawberries for garnish. Cut the gelatin into 1-in. cubes. In a 3-qt. trifle bowl or serving dish, layer the strawberry gelatin, half of the cake cubes, the remaining blueberries and half of the pudding mixture.
- Top with blue gelatin and remaining cake cubes, strawberries and pudding mixture. Garnish with reserved berries and remaining whipped topping. Serve immediately.
Recipes You May Enjoy:
Stockpiling Moms can be found in all your favorite places. Hop on over to Instagram and follow the fun. We love posting memes, family fun, travel, and whatever we are feeling that day. Pinterest is also an amazing place to visit Stockpiling Moms. This is where you can pin all your favorite articles from our Food, Travel & Lifestyle Blog.
Shelley is a boy mom, marine wife, and is blessed with an amazing family. She loves sharing recipes, travel reviews and tips that focus on helping busy families make memories.