Low Fat Pasta Primavera
When I am cutting back on calories and working hard to eat healthier one of the harder things for me to give up is the rich and creamy pasta dishes I love so much. This easy Low-Fat Pasta Primavera is a simple and classic flavor that most won’t believe is truly low in fat, calories and reasonably figured at only 5 Weight Watchers Points per serving.
Although it is a bit heavier than some meals you might partake when you are counting calories, it is still a light fare compared to its traditional counterpart. You will notice the lack of cream, bacon and heavy cheeses in this sauce for pasta primavera, but you will still have the creamy rich flavor expected with some new vegetable combinations that please the eye and the palate.
Low Fat Pasta Primavera
- 1 box Whole Wheat Bowtie Pasta
- 1 Cup Snow Peas
- 10 whole Grape Tomatoes Sliced into halves
- 1 whole Zucchini Cubed
- ½ Tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1 Cup Skim Milk
- ¼ Cup Grated Parmesan Cheese
- ¼ Cup Low Fat Part Skim Mozzarella Cheese
- 1 Teaspoon Oregano
- 1 Teaspoon Garlic Powder
- ½ Teaspoon Salt
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Cook pasta as directed on box. Drain and leave in stockpot. Set aside.
- Place vegetables on a cookie sheet and drizzle lightly with olive oil making sure all are coated well. Cook at 400 degrees for 7-10 minutes or until just tender and roasted. For a deeper flavor may broil for 3-4 minutes for a nice brown color and added flavor profile.
- In large skillet, heat milk, Parmesan & mozzarella cheese, oregano, garlic and salt stirring constantly. Cook on medium high heat for 5-7 minutes or until starts to thicken with cheese melting. Remove from heat.
- Place stockpot containing pasta on heat and pour sauce over pasta. Mix in vegetables and heat through.
- This creates 8 servings at 5 Weight Watchers Points each.
Weight Watchers Recipes:
Weight Watchers Peach Berry Cobbler
Weight Watchers Strawberry Delight
Weight Watchers Strawberry Cream Cheese Danish
Weight Watchers Cinnamon Rolls
Stockpiling Moms Popular Posts:
Weight Watchers Peanut Butter Cool Whip Treat
Downy Unstoppables in my Wax Burner? Who Knew?
Stockpiling Moms can be found in all your favorite places. Hop on over to Instagram and follow the fun. We love posting memes, family fun, travel, and whatever we are feeling that day. Pinterest is also an amazing place to visit Stockpiling Moms. This is where you can pin all your favorite articles from our Food, Travel & Lifestyle Blog.
Shelley is a boy mom, marine wife, and is blessed with an amazing family. She loves sharing recipes, travel reviews and tips that focus on helping busy families make memories.
This is what I’m talking about! Yummy! I might substitute peas for the peapods, though. Great recipe. thx