One of the most common items that has been recommended while trying to lose weight and eat healthier is to include some fish in your diet as it is low fat and good for you. Although I love fish it is hard to dress up the same old thing all the time and be satisfied. Tilapia is inexpensive and mild in flavor so it is my go-to choice but it just isn’t as versatile as my favorite boneless skinless chicken breasts. This easy and tasty option of Low Fat Parmesan Crusted Tilapia at only 3 Weight Watchers Points per serving is excellent and delicious. I especially love how truly uncomplicated it is to prepare and how it packs great flavor and crunch without the fat you would find in a traditional fried fish dish.
We love to serve this with wild rice and roasted broccoli or fresh green beans. It’s a great tasty meal that is healthy, within our point allowances and satisfying as well. We love the extra kick from the cayenne for a boost of flavor profile but if you prefer milder flavors you can easily leave that ingredient out of this yummy Low Fat Parmesan Crusted Tilapia.
LOW FAT PARMESAN CRUSTED TILAPIA
- 4 whole Tilapia Filets 2-3 ounces each
- ¼ Cup Panko Bread Crumbs I use gluten free
- 1 Tablespoon Grated Parmesan
- 1/8 Teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1/8 Teaspoon Onion Powder
- 1/8 Teaspoon Cayenne Pepper
- 1/8 Teaspoon Dill Weed
- Spray a baking dish with non-stick cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- In shallow dish together bread crumbs, Parmesan and seasonings
- Rinse and pat dry tilapia fillets.
- Press tilapia gently into bread crumb mixture lightly coating both sides.
- Place into baking dish
- Bake at 375 degrees for 15 minutes
- Place oven on broil and cook for additional 2-3 minutes or until tops are golden brown (watch closely as this can burn very quickly).
- Makes 4 servings of 3 Weight Watchers Points Each.
Stockpiling Moms Popular Posts:
We have a Freezer Cooking 101 Series that you may enjoy!
Stockpiling Moms can be found in all your favorite places. Hop on over to Instagram and follow the fun. We love posting memes, family fun, travel, and whatever we are feeling that day. Pinterest is also an amazing place to visit Stockpiling Moms. This is where you can pin all your favorite articles from our Food, Travel & Lifestyle Blog.