My friend Debra made this Low Carb Zuppa Toscana Soup for me and I instantly fell in love. It is so flavorful and best of all it is keto friendly.
I absolutely love soup. It is one of my favorite foods to eat. When she offered to bring me some of her creation I immediately said yes! We love to share food with each other when we cook more than our families will eat.
It is one of my favorite things about living so close to each other. We also enjoy eating dinner together a couple times a week. This recipe is hands down one of my favorite that she has ever cooked for me.
It is truly a comfort food for me. Anytime I can enjoy a rich and delicious soup that is low carb and gluten free that is a huge win/win. You can serve this soup with a salad and bread or crackers if you are not eating low carb.
This is a delicious low carb soup the whole family will love. The cauliflower rice becomes really flavorful. You can easily add more or less of the cayenne pepper based on your preference too.
Low Carb Zuppa Toscana
- 1 lb. Italian Sausage, casings removed
- 1/2 lb. bacon, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 small onion, diched
- 3 whole cloves, pressed and minced
- 2 32 oz. chicken broth
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 package cauliflower rice
- 1/2 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 4 stems fresh kale, stemmed and chopped
- 1 tsp. cayenne pepper (more or less based on your desire)
- Cook the Italian Sausage in a skillet over medium-high heat until browned and crumbled.
- Drain off grease and place in bowl.
- Cook bacon in the same skillet until crisp and done. Remove bacon and place into the bowl with the sausage when done but leave grease in the skillet.
- Add onion and garlic and cook until tender.
- In a large pot place the sausage, bacon and onion mixture.
- Add the chicken broth to the meat mixture.
- Simmer on low heat for 20-30 minutes.
- Add cauliflower and simmer for 10 additional minutes
- Add pepper, cayenne pepper, kale and heavy cream.
- Simmer for 10 minutes or until kale is wilted.
- Serve in a bowl and enjoy.
I hope you enjoy this Low Carb Zuppa Toscana. It is a really filling and hearty comfort food. I really enjoyed the flavor and the cauliflower is really tasty.
Stockpiling Moms can be found in all your favorite places. Hop on over to Instagram and follow the fun. We love posting memes, family fun, travel, and whatever we are feeling that day. Pinterest is also an amazing place to visit Stockpiling Moms. This is where you can pin all your favorite articles from our Food, Travel & Lifestyle Blog.