How to Make Cucumber Sandwiches
Want to know How to Make Cucumber Sandwiches? If you are hosting a tea party it is important to have this on your tea menu. No afternoon tea is complete without the perfect cucumber tea sandwich.
My mother taught me how to make cucumber sandwiches as she is a trained tea consultant. If you enjoy all things tea you should visit her blog Friendship Tea. I love to use fresh cucumbers from my garden.
The reason why you use the butter is to keep your bread from getting soggy! Cucumber sandwiches are easy to make and taste delicious. They are my brothers favorite tea sandwich. You can easily cut them into a variety of shapes and use any type of bread that you decide. You can even easily make them gluten free!
Simply wash your cucumber and peel (if desired) and then slice into very thin slices. Next dry the slices between two paper towels. This is an important step so that your cucumbers don’t get soggy.
Next butter both slices of the bread with a thin layer of butter (we love Kerrygold). Spread a thin layer of cream cheese on both slices of bread (over top of the butter). Allow to come to room temperature to allow it to soften enough for ease of spreading. I like to use whipped cream cheese. Finally top with your dry cucumbers.
Cut into any shape you desire. We like squares, rectangles, triangles or you can even use a cookie cutter. Finally, enjoy your treat with a cup of tea! Perfect for your next tea party.
How to Make Cucumber SandwichesPrint Recipe
- Bread - any type you desire
- Butter - real butter unsalted
- Cucumbers - English Cucumbers are nice
- Cream Cheese - We prefer Philadelphia Brand
- Wash your cucumber and peel (if desired) slice into very thin slices. Next dry the slices between two paper towels.
- Butter both slices of bread with a thin layer of butter. Do not melt the butter but allow it soften for ease of spreading.
- Next spread a thin layer of cream cheese on both slices of bread (on top of the butter) Allow to come to room temperature to allow it to soften for ease of spreading.
- Finally top with dry cucumbers.
- Cut into shapes and remove crust if desired. You can do squares, rectangles, triangles or use a cookie cutter.
- Helpful Tip: The reason why you use butter is to keep your bread from getting soggy!
You may also like these tea posts:
Petals and Pearls Tea Party
Melissa is a football and soccer mom who has been married to her best friend for 24 years. She loves sharing recipes, travel reviews and tips that focus on helping busy families make memories.
I LOVE cucumber sandwiches!!! ♥ I have a recipe that I enjoy and make many times during the summer for guests and always receive RAVES about them–it uses Sweet Hawaiian Bread Buns, cream cheese, and dill. Very tasty and simple to make!
i dont think i have ever put butter on cucumber sandwiches but will have to try.
Yes, dill is a great addition!
I like cream cheese and cukes, but I’ve never tried a cucumber sandwich yet, gotta give it a try
They are very crisp and tasty. I also love cucumbers and vinegar.
Never have. I am going to make it right now. Thanks!!!
You can cut the cucumber slices thin with a standard potato peeler. The sandwiches were delicious! I never thought a cucumber sandwich would taste that good!