Want to know How to Make Cucumber Sandwiches? If you are hosting a tea party it is important to have this on your tea menu. No afternoon tea is complete without the perfect cucumber tea sandwich.
My mother taught me how to make cucumber sandwiches as she is a trained tea consultant. If you enjoy all things tea you should visit her blog Friendship Tea. I love to use fresh cucumbers from my garden.
The reason why you use the butter is to keep your bread from getting soggy! Cucumber sandwiches are easy to make and taste delicious. They are my brothers favorite tea sandwich. You can easily cut them into a variety of shapes and use any type of bread that you decide. You can even easily make them gluten free!
Simply wash your cucumber and peel (if desired) and then slice into very thin slices. Next dry the slices between two paper towels. This is an important step so that your cucumbers don’t get soggy.
Next butter both slices of the bread with a thin layer of butter (we love Kerrygold). Spread a thin layer of cream cheese on both slices of bread (over top of the butter). Allow to come to room temperature to allow it to soften enough for ease of spreading. I like to use whipped cream cheese. Finally top with your dry cucumbers.
Cut into any shape you desire. We like squares, rectangles, triangles or you can even use a cookie cutter. Finally, enjoy your treat with a cup of tea! Perfect for your next tea party.
How to Make Cucumber SandwichesPrint Recipe
- Bread - any type you desire
- Butter - real butter unsalted
- Cucumbers - English Cucumbers are nice
- Cream Cheese - We prefer Philadelphia Brand
- Wash your cucumber and peel (if desired) slice into very thin slices. Next dry the slices between two paper towels.
- Butter both slices of bread with a thin layer of butter. Do not melt the butter but allow it soften for ease of spreading.
- Next spread a thin layer of cream cheese on both slices of bread (on top of the butter) Allow to come to room temperature to allow it to soften for ease of spreading.
- Finally top with dry cucumbers.
- Cut into shapes and remove crust if desired. You can do squares, rectangles, triangles or use a cookie cutter.
- Helpful Tip: The reason why you use butter is to keep your bread from getting soggy!
You may also like these tea posts:
Petals and Pearls Tea Party