I love making cute decor to rotate during different seasons. This Rustic Floral Wreath craft idea is so simple and inexpensive but beautiful. You can personalize it easily with a large monogram letter, or your preferred color of flowers. Even better, you could possibly grab all of the supplies at your local Dollar Tree store!
Rustic Floral Wreath Craft
Get your creative juices flowing and make this fun wreath to dress up your front door. This would also make an excellent gift for a friend. Mother’s Day, birthday’s, and just because gifts don’t have to cost a ton. Just use your imagination and match it to their personality. You could even match the flower colors to their favorite sports teams!
– Wooden embroidery loop
– hot glue, glue gun
– silk or paper flowers (we found this selection at Michael’s but you can find similar at Dollar Tree and Hobby Lobby)
1. Take the loop apart so you are only using one half. This will allow you to make two wreaths with one set.
2. Wrap the twine around the wooden loop. Add a dab of glue to the end of the twine, press it to the inside of the loop, and wrap tightly.
3. Continue wrapping until your entire loop is covered.
4. Add a dab of glue to the end of the twine and press it to the inside of the loop to secure it.
5. You can now start adding your flowers. First, place the unglued flowers on the loop to decide where you wish to place them.
6. Once you have decided the flower pattern, you can start gluing them into place. Just add a generous amount of glue to the back of each flower and press.
7. When the flowers are dry and secure, you can display your rustic flower wreath. You can hang as is or add additional twine or ribbon for hanging.
More Fun Craft Ideas
Since I love adding a bit of flare to the house, simple ideas like this are a perfect craft for a low-key weekend afternoon. I love simple ideas like this DIY Sharpie Marker Plate for turning a boring white charger into a unique decor piece. That is a favorite for gifting at weddings or when a baby is born since you can add names and dates. For something a bit more generic, you can make these Chalkboard Coffee Signs to go near your coffee station or on a kitchen counter.
If you have more time, you can undertake this easy project to Redo Fabric on Kitchen Chairs to match new home decor colors. Adding to that theme, these DIY Flower Jars really elevate the look of your dining room or coffee table and are super low cost and easy to finish.