Homemade Lavender Shower Melts Are Perfect For Gift Giving! Making your own bath and beauty products is a great way to add a relaxing hobby to your life. I love making these Lavender Shower Melts since they are soothing and so inexpensive. They make a perfect gift for friends, and an ideal way to de-stress after a busy day.
Homemade Lavender Shower Melts
One of the things I love the most about making these lavender shower melts is that I typically have all of the ingredients needed in my pantry already. So, I can whip these up at the last minute, and still enjoy a nice soothing hot shower the same day! Plus, the cost to make these is so small compared to buying them in store.
Supplies needed to make Lavender Shower Melts
How to make Lavender Shower Melts
1. In a mixing bowl, mix the corn starch and a few drops of food coloring. The more you add, the darker your shade will be. If you wish you can use purple, or use a drop each of red and blue to make the hue yourself. Mix well.
2. Mist in small amounts of water at a time and mix. You want to create almost a cloud dough or moon sand type consistency. Using a spray bottle helps you from over-watering which can happen FAST! You will end up using about 1.5 tablespoons of water, but misting the water in is safest.
3. You can now add in your 8-10 drops of oil. You can use more or less depending on how strong you want the melts to be.
4. Take the thick powdery mixture and press it into your mold of choice. Press hard and firm so make sure they are well packed.
5. Place the mold in freezer to help firm them up fast. A few hours usually does the trick.
6. Remove and place the melts in an air tight jar until you are ready to use them.
7. To use, simply place on the floor of the bath tub before your next shower and enjoy!
How to Store Lavender Shower Melts
I love keeping these on my bathroom counter in a pretty display basket, but they really need to be stored in an airtight container if not using right away. I love these small Ripple Glass Containers since they are simple but add a bit of decorative touch. They allow you to see the pretty melts on the counter while keeping them secure and away from water splashes until you are ready to use them.
Regardless of how you store them, these homemade lavender shower melts will become a part of your regular routine!
More DIY Projects
StockpilingMoms can be found in all your favorite places! Hop on over to Instagram and follow the fun! We love posting memes, family fun, travel, and whatever we are feeling that day! Pinterest is also an amazing place to visit StockpilingMoms. This is where you can pin all your favorite articles from our Food, Travel & Lifestyle Blog!