Homemade Lasagna is a such a great pasta dinner recipe! My husband loves pasta and lasagna is one of his favorites. I have tried and tried many recipes trying to get one that he loves. I finally find it with this recipe. It is homemade from the tomato sauce to the creamy cheese filling. You will not be disappointed in this amazing Homemade Lasagna recipe!
I love to make this Homemade Lasagna recipe for Sunday dinner or when we have Family Game Night. The whole family loves it. I love to serve Garlic Bread sticks or crusty garlic bread along with it. Sometimes I add a nice big salad too.
- 1 package 16 ounce, lasagna noodles
- 1/2 pound ground pork
- 1/2 pound lean ground beef
- 1 can 8 ounce, tomato sauce
- 1 can 28 ounce, crushed tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1 clove garlic crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 cup minced onion
- 1/8 teaspoon white sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 pound small curd cottage cheese
- 3 large eggs
- 3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 pound shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil.
- Add noodles and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain and set aside.
- Place pork and beef in a large, deep skillet.
- Cook over medium high heat until evenly brown.
- Stir in tomato sauce, crushed tomatoes, parsley, garlic, oregano, onion, sugar, basil and salt.
- Simmer over medium-low heat for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- In a large bowl, combine cottage cheese, eggs, Parmesan cheese, parsley, salt and pepper.
- In a 9x13 inch baking dish, place 2 layers of noodles on the bottom of dish; layer 1/2 of the cheese mixture, 1/2 of the mozzarella cheese and 1/2 of the sauce; repeat layers.
- Cover with aluminum foil and bake in preheated oven for 30 to 40 minutes.
- Remove foil and bake for another 5 to 10 minutes; let stand for 10 minutes before cutting; serve.
Stockpiling Moms can be found in all your favorite places. Hop on over to Instagram and follow the fun. We love posting memes, family fun, travel, and whatever we are feeling that day. Pinterest is also an amazing place to visit Stockpiling Moms. This is where you can pin all your favorite articles from our Food, Travel & Lifestyle Blog.
Shelley is a boy mom, marine wife, and is blessed with an amazing family. She loves sharing recipes, travel reviews and tips that focus on helping busy families make memories.