Hasselback Potato is an impressive potato side dish that is full of yummy taste! This potato recipe combines all of the great things you would love on a potato like cheese, sour cream and butter. If you are having dinner guests over and want to impress them, then be sure to serve these delicious potatoes as a side. To start you need clean potatoes and a very sharp knife. You will need to make slits all down the potato and then stuff the slits with butter.
Next you bake the potatoes in the oven for 30 minutes. Pull them out and brush with butter and replace back in the oven for another 30 minutes. Pull them out and dollop on some sour cream then sprinkle some shredded cheese (I used Parmesan, but you can use whatever you want) over the sour cream. Place back in the oven for another 10-15 minutes or until the cheese has melted.
Once done serve alone or with your favorite meat dish. I served my Hasselback Potatoes with Crockpot 3 Ingredient Pork Chops and the dinner was simply delicious!
- 4 whole large potatoes
- 1 stick butter sliced thinly
- dash salt
- dash pepper
- 4 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 container sour cream
- 2 cups shredded cheese any choice you want - I used Parmesan
- Heat the oven to 425°F with a rack in the lower-middle position.
- Scrub the potatoes clean and pat them dry.
- Cut slits in the potatoes, leaving the bottom intact.
- Place butter slices in between slits.
- Arrange the potatoes in a baking dish.
- Brush the potatoes all over with melted butter including the bottoms.
- Sprinkle the potatoes with salt and pepper.
- Bake the potatoes for 30 minutes.
- Pull out the potatoes and brush with melted butter.
- Place back in the oven and bake another 30 minutes.
- Pull out baking dish and dollop sour cream on top of the potatoes then cover the sour cream with shredded cheese (use as much or as little as you desire).
- Place back in oven for 10-15 minutes or until cheese has melted.
- Serve and enjoy!
Crockpot Bacon Cheese Potatoes
Mashed Sour Cream Red Potatoes
Crockpot Sweet Potato Casserole
Paula Deen’s Crockpot Potato Soup
Sour Cream & Chive Baked Potato
STOCKPILINGMOMS FAVORITE DESSERTS
Dirt Dessert is Perfect for Family Reunions
Hot Fudge Ice Cream Delight is one of my family favorites!
Death By Chocolate Trifle Dessert is for all our chocolate lovers out there.
Easy Pineapple Upside Down Cake only takes 15 minutes to prepare and then throw it in the oven!
Chocolate Chip Cookie Bites for all the chocolate chip cookie lovers! Who doesn’t like a chocolate chip cookie?
Stockpiling Moms can be found in all your favorite places. Hop on over to Instagram and follow the fun. We love posting memes, family fun, travel, and whatever we are feeling that day. Pinterest is also an amazing place to visit Stockpiling Moms. This is where you can pin all your favorite articles from our Food, Travel & Lifestyle Blog.
Shelley is a boy mom, marine wife, and is blessed with an amazing family. She loves sharing recipes, travel reviews and tips that focus on helping busy families make memories.