Gluten Free Rice Krispie Treats are the perfect snack or dessert! Kids love them and so do adults. This is an easy gluten free dessert idea when you are having a party or serving a group meal.
I decided to try Gluten Free Rice Krispies cereal. I am a HUGE fan of regular Rice Krispies so I was interested to see how I would like the Gluten Free version. I am sad to say that I am NOT a fan of the Gluten Free version at all. They did not have the same taste or consistency at all. I am going to have to give Gluten Free Rice Krispies two thumbs down for breakfast cereal.
However, I didn’t want to waste the box of cereal so I decided to make Gluten Free Rice Krispie Treats with them and was THRILLED that neither my son or I could tell a huge difference! So I would not use them for breakfast but I would use them to make treats!
Be sure to give this recipe a try. Though I am not a fan of the Gluten Free Rice Krispie Cereal I was a huge fan of this easy dessert. If you are hosting a party at school and need a gluten free treat this is a great option.
Gluten Free Rice Krispie Treats
- 4 tablespoons butter or margarine*
- 1 package 10 oz (40 regular marshmallows) or 4 cups mini marshmallows
- 6 cups Kellogg's® Rice Krispies® Gluten Free cereal
- In large saucepan melt butter over low heat. Add marshmallows and stir until completely melted. Remove from heat.
- Add KELLOGG’S RICE KRISPIES Gluten Free cereal. Stir until well coated.
- Using buttered spatula or wax paper evenly press mixture into 13 x 9 x 2-inch pan coated with cooking spray. Cool. Cut into 2-inch squares. Best if served the same day.
- MICROWAVE DIRECTIONS: In microwave-safe bowl heat butter and marshmallows on HIGH for 3 minutes, stirring after 2 minutes. Stir until smooth. Follow steps 2 and 3 above. Microwave cooking times may vary.
- *Since product formulations vary from one brand to another, be sure to always read the ingredient listings to be sure that the brands you selected are gluten free.
- For best results, use fresh marshmallows.
- Diet, reduced calorie or tub margarine is not recommended.
- Store no more than two days at room temperature in airtight container. To freeze, place in layers separated by wax paper in airtight container. Freeze for up to 6 weeks. Let stand at room temperature for 15 minutes before serving.
Gluten Free Desserts:
Stockpiling Moms can be found in all your favorite places. Hop on over to Instagram and follow the fun. We love posting memes, family fun, travel, and whatever we are feeling that day. Pinterest is also an amazing place to visit Stockpiling Moms. This is where you can pin all your favorite articles from our Food, Travel & Lifestyle Blog.