This Chickpea Salad is my new summer go-to salad! It is light and delicious and pack full of protein. If you are looking for a Mediterranean side dish salad recipe this, is it!
This recipe is a dump it and stir it up simple recipe. My favorite kind for summer! It is best when it marinates overnight but other than that it could be prepared in minutes. You can definitely serve it after you make it but we just like it to really soak in the flavor.
Packed full of protein and veggies this is light and fulfilling salad. You can make with whatever veggies you have on hand. I like it with cucumbers, peppers and onion. The chickpeas give it a “meat” substitute with the protein.
- 2 cans 15 oz. chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 large English cucumber, diced
- 1 whole orange bell pepper, chopped
- 1 whole red bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup red onion, chopped (can use green or white onion)
- 3/4 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 1/8 tsp. sea salt
- 1/8 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/3 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 TBSP fresh lemon juice
- 1 TBSP fresh parsley, chopped fine
- 1/2 tsp. red pepper flakes
- 1/2 tsp. Italian seasoning
- In a large bowl combine the chickpeas, cucumber, peppers, onion, and feta. Season with salt and pepper if you desire.
- Make your dressing. Combine together into a jar with a lid and shake or use a whisk to emulsify.
- Combine salad dressing with salad and allow to marinate for 4 hours (up to 24) and serve cold.
Fruit Salad Recipes:
Stockpiling Moms can be found in all your favorite places. Hop on over to Instagram and follow the fun. We love posting memes, family fun, travel, and whatever we are feeling that day. Pinterest is also an amazing place to visit Stockpiling Moms. This is where you can pin all your favorite articles from our Food, Travel & Lifestyle Blog.