Fire Fighters Chili Recipe
I created this recipe to take to our local Fire Fighters for Valentine’s Day. I wanted something to really warm the hearts of the Fire Fighters so choosing Italian Sausage was the perfect addition to the recipe! I transferred it to a crock pot because it was easy for me to leave all day on the counter and cook while I was busy.
This recipe had green pepper and onion because I like sneaking in a few veggies when I can. I serve it with shredded cheese and sour cream as well as crackers but corn bread would be good too!
Be sure to give this Fire Fighters Chili Recipe a try! It is easy to make and tastes amazing!
Fire Fighters Chili
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 lb ground Johnsonville Italian sausage
- 1/2 medium white onion chopped
- 1/2 whole green pepper chopped
- 3 TBSP chili powder
- 2 TBSP garlic powder
- 4 cans tomato sauce more or less depending on how thick you like your chili
- 4 cans diced tomatoes
- 4 cans kidney beans drained and rinsed
- In a large stock pot cook ground beef and sausage. If you can't find the ground sausage you can remove the casing from links.
- Drain fat
- Add onion and green pepper, cook for 3-5 minutes
- Add Sauce, tomatoes, kidney beans and spices and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Transfer to a crock pot and cook on low or 4-6 hours.
Other Chili Recipes You May Enjoy:
Crockpot Black Bean, Corn and Chicken Chili
Crockpot Butternut Squash Chili
Melissa is a football and soccer mom who has been married to her best friend for 24 years. She loves sharing recipes, travel reviews and tips that focus on helping busy families make memories.
This recipe was very good! Thanks for sharing 🙂
what size tomato sauce and diced tomatoes… Sounds delicious… Want to make..