Crockpot Veggies In A Bag is a great side dish for any meal or you can eat this recipe as a main dish. It’s a very tasty vegetarian dish. I love that I can make several bags of this recipe and put them in the freezer for when I am ready to cook them. It is great when you find veggies on managers special or you have an abundance of vegetables from your garden. You can extend the shelf life by freezing. I also love that this recipe cooks in the crockpot. It makes for easy prep on busy days.
Crockpot Veggies In a Bag are naturally gluten free. I like to make a turkey breast in the crockpot to serve with it! However, it is a great side dish to any meat. If you are using this as a main dish I suggest that you double the recipe. Best of all you can add other veggies that you have on hand! This is one of our 20 Freezer Meals you can prepare in 4 hours.
Be sure that you invest in a good quality slow cooker. Our favorite is this programmable cook and carry 6qt oval slow cooker. It is perfect for freezer cooking. To learn more about freezer cooking click our freezer cooking series. I hope your family enjoys these Crockpot Veggies in a Bag as much as we do! It is a great way to add a nice colorful side dish to your families meal.
Weight Watchers Points Plus: 2 Points Per Serving (6 servings)
Crockpot Veggies in a Bag
- 1 Chopped Onion
- 1 Chopped Yellow Squash
- 6 – 8 Chopped Red Potatoes
- 1 Chopped Green Pepper
- 2 teaspoons Minced Garlic
- 1 Tablespoon Fresh Basil
- Put all ingredients in a Gallon Freezer Size Bag.
- When you are ready to cook this, cook the veggies by themselves in the Crockpot on low for 6 hours.
- Can serve alone or with meat.
- If you are preparing for freezer simply dump all ingredients into a freezer safe bag and freeze. When ready to cook simply thaw in the refrigerator overnight and place in the slow cooker in the morning and cook on low for 8 hours.
Crockpot Freezer Meals