Classic Potato Salad is one of my favorite foods to eat and it is naturally gluten free too. It is a favorite recipe to make for family gatherings, picnics and potlucks. This is the same recipe that my Granny always used so of course it brings many memories when I eat it. I love making it because it is comforting and reminds me of her. It is the perfect side dish for summer picnics and BBQ’s. She always made it with her fried chicken and at our family fish fry’s.
Classic Potato Salad
Classic Potato Salad
- 6 medium potatoes
- 1 1/4 cup mayonnaise (we use Hellmann's)
- 1 TBSP prepared mustard
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/3 cup finely chopped white onions
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet pickles - or pickle relish
- 6 large hard cooked eggs
- 1/3 cup celery - optional
- 1 TBSP sweet pickle juice
- Peel and cut potatoes into chunks.
- Boil potatoes, drain well.
- Allow potatoes to cool slightly.
- Combine mayonnaise, mustard, salt, pepper.
- Stir in onion and pickles.
- Add potatoes and eggs.
- Toss to coat.
- Add enough pickle juice for desired consistency.
- Cover and chill for 6 to 24 hours. Salt and pepper as desired.
- Garnish with hard boiled egg slices or paprika.
Side Dish Recipes:
Best Country Cooking Desserts
Pioneer Woman Chocolate Pie – This delicious recipe for Pioneer Woman Chocolate Pie is so good you may eat the whole thing! I really wish I had my grandmother’s recipe. She never wrote anything down. 🙁
Homemade Brownie Cake – This recipe is so delicious and makes celebrations amazing!
Easy Pineapple Upside Down Cake is so delicious and easy to prepare! It was a favorite at the church meals!
Creamy Banana Pudding – Banana Pudding is my favorite dessert! You can’t have a southern meal without banana pudding!
Interested in Freezer Cooking?
We have a Freezer Cooking 101 Series that you may enjoy!
Stockpiling Moms can be found in all your favorite places. Hop on over to Instagram and follow the fun. We love posting memes, family fun, travel, and whatever we are feeling that day. Pinterest is also an amazing place to visit Stockpiling Moms. This is where you can pin all your favorite articles from our Food, Travel & Lifestyle Blog.