Bunny Patch Dessert is so easy to make. The kids LOVE to enjoy this at Easter each year! You can use any flavor of pie filling that you like but we personally love it with cherry pie filling.
I have been making this dessert for YEARS. I started making it with my food students when I taught high school and they always loved this sweet treat around Easter. It is the perfect way to celebrate spring too!
I have even made these into Bunny Patch Dessert Cups by layering them into clear 5 oz plastic punch cups which is perfect for portion control. You can decorate with a variety of peeps of your choice and jelly beans for a festive touch!
We have even used a yellow cake mix instead of pound cake for this dessert and it turns out just fine. If your family doesn’t like coconut that is ok too! I would just tint the cool whip green. Best of all when using a cake mix you can use a gluten free cake mix if that is something you want to do.
This Bunny Patch Dessert is easy to make and perfect for your Easter Celebrations! The kids love it!
Bunny Patch Dessert
- 1 pkg. 10.75 oz. frozen pound cake, thawed, cut into 10 slices (or you can use a yellow cake mix and bake in a 9 x 13 dish as directed
- 1 can 21 oz. pie filling, any flavor (we like cherry)
- 1 tub 8 oz. COOL WHIP Whipped Topping, thawed
- 1 cup BAKER'S ANGEL FLAKE Coconut
- Green food coloring
- Assorted jelly beans and other Easter candies and decorations we like Peeps
- LINE bottom of 13x9-inch baking dish with cake slices. Top with pie filling and whipped topping.
- REFRIGERATE 1 hour or until ready to serve.
- TINT coconut pale green with food coloring.
- Sprinkle over center of whipped topping.
- Decorate with jelly beans, Easter candies and decorations.
- Cut into 16 pieces.
- Store leftover dessert in refrigerator.
Best of all you don’t have to be a baker to make this sweet treat. It is for the novice and that is perfect when it comes to creating a dessert that everyone will love! Be sure to add this to your Easter Menu Plan.
Easter Posts You May Enjoy:
INTERESTED IN FREEZER COOKING?
We have a Freezer Cooking 101 Series that you may enjoy!
Stockpiling Moms can be found in all your favorite places. Hop on over to Instagram and follow the fun. We love posting memes, family fun, travel, and whatever we are feeling that day. Pinterest is also an amazing place to visit Stockpiling Moms. This is where you can pin all your favorite articles from our Food, Travel & Lifestyle Blog.
Shelley is a boy mom, marine wife, and is blessed with an amazing family. She loves sharing recipes, travel reviews and tips that focus on helping busy families make memories.