Beef Stew is such a comfort food to my family. I love the aroma of the house when this is simmering on the stove top. I do feel with this recipe that you need patience when cooking because this recipe takes a while, but it is worth it in the end! My boys like it when I make Sugar Cornbread to go with this delicious beef stew. I usually have to make a double batch of the cornbread, or we will run out in my house.
Be sure to try this easy Beef Stew Recipe. It is a family favorite and will soon be one for you too! It is perfect for a cold winter day. Always a comfort food for us.
- 2 pounds cubed beef stew meat
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 4 cubes beef bouillon crumbled
- 4 cups water
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3 large potatoes peeled and cubed (I like to use red potatoes and I use about 6-7 medium size ones)
- 4 whole carrots cut into 1 inch pieces
- 4 stalks celery cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 large onion chopped
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons cold water
- In a large pot or dutch oven, cook beef in oil over medium heat until brown.
- Dissolve bouillon in water and pour into pot.
- Stir in rosemary, parsley and pepper.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce heat, cover and simmer 1 hour.
- Stir potatoes, carrots, celery, and onion into the pot.
- Dissolve cornstarch in 2 teaspoons cold water and stir into stew.
- Cover and simmer 1 hour more.
- If you want it thicker - take the lid off and cook for another 15 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!
STOCKPILINGMOMS FAVORITE DESSERTS
Hot Fudge Ice Cream Delight is one of my family favorites!
Death By Chocolate Trifle Dessert is for all our chocolate lovers out there.
Easy Pineapple Upside Down Cake only takes 15 minutes to prepare and then throw it in the oven!
Chocolate Chip Cookie Bites for all the chocolate chip cookie lovers! Who doesn’t like a chocolate chip cookie?
Stockpiling Moms can be found in all your favorite places. Hop on over to Instagram and follow the fun. We love posting memes, family fun, travel, and whatever we are feeling that day. Pinterest is also an amazing place to visit Stockpiling Moms. This is where you can pin all your favorite articles from our Food, Travel & Lifestyle Blog.
Shelley is a boy mom, marine wife, and is blessed with an amazing family. She loves sharing recipes, travel reviews and tips that focus on helping busy families make memories.