This Zucchini Cupcakes Recipe is a great way to “sneak” a veggie into your kids dessert. I love this recipe and the caramel frosting makes them amazing! I literally want to gobble these up for myself and keep them hidden from the kids they are so good! Best of all you can even serve them without the frosting for a “healthier” and still delicious treat.
However once you make the frosting you won’t want to skip it I promise! If you are swimming in zucchini from your garden you are going to LOVE this Zucchini Cupcakes Recipe!
Zucchini Cupcakes Recipe
- 3 eggs
- 1-1/3 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1-1/2 cups shredded zucchini
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter cubed
- 1/4 cup 2% milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 to 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs, sugar, oil, orange juice and extract. Combine dry ingredients; gradually add to egg mixture and mix well.
- Stir in zucchini.
- Fill paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full.
- Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Cool for 10 minutes before removing to a wire rack.
- For frosting, combine the brown sugar, butter and milk in a saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium heat; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Remove from the heat; stir in vanilla.
- Cool to lukewarm.
- Gradually beat in confectioners' sugar until frosting reaches spreading consistency.
- Frost cupcakes.
3 Ingredient Dessert Recipes
3 INGREDIENT SLOW COOKER APPLE SPICE CAKE – This 3 Ingredient Slow Cooker Apple Spice Cake is a delicious dessert crockpot recipe. Perfect for an after-dinner treat!
3 Ingredient Berry Cobbler Slow Cooker Recipe – This yummy 3 Ingredient Berry Cobbler Slow Cooker Recipe is a great dessert recipe! It’s so easy to make! You can put everything in the crockpot in under 5 minutes. Can also be made gluten free!
3 INGREDIENT ICE CREAM – DAIRY FREE – 3 Ingredient Ice Cream is mind blowing and delicious! I was unsure of making this but in the end it was so amazing and I was very pleased.
3 INGREDIENT PNB & CHOCOLATE ROLLS – 3 Ingredient PNB & Chocolate Rolls is a treat that young and old will LOVE!
Interested in Freezer Cooking?
We have a Freezer Cooking 101 Series that you may enjoy!
Stockpiling Moms can be found in all your favorite places. Hop on over to Instagram and follow the fun. We love posting memes, family fun, travel, and whatever we are feeling that day. Pinterest is also an amazing place to visit Stockpiling Moms. This is where you can pin all your favorite articles from our Food, Travel & Lifestyle Blog.
Shelley is a boy mom, marine wife, and is blessed with an amazing family. She loves sharing recipes, travel reviews and tips that focus on helping busy families make memories.