We decided to kick off another Whole 30 at our house. Now that my husband is working from home I decided to turn my Whole 30 breakfast cups into a casserole. This worked out really well for us because I prepped it on Sunday and we had breakfast for the week ahead. Check out this awesome Whole 30 Breakfast Casserole Recipe!
When making this Whole 30 Breakfast Casserole you can use any veggies that you like. Some to consider are green peppers, mushrooms, carrots, spinach and onions. However the sky is the limit! If you want to keep it vegetarian do not include meat. If you have a meat lover like my husband then I would either use a sugar free pork or chicken sausage.
I like to use Whole Foods Chicken Breakfast Sausage or make my own using this recipe for Weight Watchers Chicken Breakfast Sausage. The main thing to remember is to use a product with no sugar to keep it Whole 30 Compliant.
If you are not eating Whole 30 but eating Keto then feel free to add cheese on top of the sausage before you add the egg mixture. This recipe is easy to reheat. Just place in your microwave for 30-45 seconds.
Whole 30 Breakfast Casserole Recipe
Whole 30 Breakfast CasserolePrint Recipe
- 1 dozen eggs
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 2 cups fresh spinach
- 2 cups fresh mushrooms sliced
- 1 lb chicken breakfast sausage I buy this at Whole Foods but you can make your own
- Whisk your eggs and almond milk into a large bowl and add 1/2 tsp salt and 1/4 tsp black pepper).
- Grease your 9 x 9 pan with coconut oil or other approved healthy fat (ghee).
- Place 2 cups spinach on the bottom of the pan.
- Add mushrooms on top.
- Cook your sausage in a skillet and drain fat.
- Pour crumbled sausage on top of mushrooms.
- Add egg mixture.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 20-30 minutes or until set.
Whole 30 Recipes:
INTERESTED IN FREEZER COOKING?
We have a Freezer Cooking 101 Series that you may enjoy!
Stockpiling Moms can be found in all your favorite places. Hop on over to Instagram and follow the fun. We love posting memes, family fun, travel, and whatever we are feeling that day. Pinterest is also an amazing place to visit Stockpiling Moms. This is where you can pin all your favorite articles from our Food, Travel & Lifestyle Blog.