What is your holiday shopping strategy? We are 20 days away from the BIG DAY! Yes, soon Santa will be here, and presents will be exchanged. Right NOW, is the time to make your purchases and you still have time to remain stress free this holiday season. Everyone’s holiday shopping habits are different. There isn’t a best way or right or wrong way to shop. It is what works for you.
What is your holiday shopping strategy?
Year-Round Shopper. As you know I shop year-round. I start shopping for Christmas the day after and I shop all year long. My goal is to be 100% complete by Halloween. This has been a strategy that I have used for over 10 years to take the stress out of Christmas shopping, and it works for me.
Last Minute Shoppers. They enjoy the “pressure” that they feel to get it done just in time and feel that they get some great last minute savings. My Brother-in-Law is one of those shoppers. He normally has the majority of his gifts delivered to my house to wrap because they won’t make it to him in time before he has to load up for the holiday.
Online Shoppers. My Mom is an online shopper. She doesn’t like to fight the crowds in the stores and so she chooses to shop online and looks for free delivery or in store pick up offers. I told her about the new Sear’s shopping services, and she is super excited to try them this holiday season!
Homemade Christmas – Some choose to create items for gifts. You can bake, sew or create a photo gift and it is something that comes from the heart. This is a nice alternative to purchasing.
No matter your shopping style here are a few tips to keep in mind no matter your shopping style:
Don’t stress out! Make a list and stick to it! Don’t get caught up in the deals and purchase more than what you went into the store for. Even though it is a good deal if it is more than you wanted to spend then you are breaking your budget. I prefer to shop with cash for Christmas because it keeps me accountable. Even if I charge an item at the store in order to get an additional discount, I always pay off the charge immediately. This keeps me in check when it comes to spending at the holidays.
Huff Post suggests that you use your Smartphone and that is a great tip! Many stores offer deals through their apps that aren’t available anywhere else. Oftentimes, these coupons can be applied on top of other sales or discounts.
Sears is making holiday shopping more merry with NEW exceptional offerings and services that make shopping easier and more convenient. I have personally tried the Sears In Vehicle Pick Up and it works great!
- Shop from home and pick up your purchases at your local store with free store pick up, guaranteed in five minutes – still the fastest way to get your online purchases. Best of all you don’t pay shipping!
- Plus, now you can pick-up your purchases for free with Sears in Vehicle Pick Up, Return and Exchange in Five, powered by the Shop Your Way mobile app, lets members pick up, return or exchange their online purchases for free – guaranteed in five minutes or less – without ever leaving their vehicle.
- With Reserve It members and customers can easily shop online for the latest clothes and footwear, place them on hold with just one click and then try them on in-store.
- Expanded Free Store Pickup allows members to pick up sears.com or kmart.com orders at any of each other’s stores – more than 2,000 locations nationwide. The services gives shoppers more convenient access to an even wider selection of their favorite brand-name products.
- Get Advice/Member Assist , a digital tool from Shop Your Way, connects members with store associates across the country at the click of a button.
Have you tried any of these awesome new offerings at Sears?
Disclosure: This is a sponsored post. We are members of the Sears Blogger Squad and excited to share deals and new services that Sears is offering their shoppers this year. All opinions are 100% my own.