Tips for your next Road Trip
Check out our Tips for your next Road Trip. It is hard to believe but the summer is coming an end. School is back in session for us, and we are going for our final trip of the summer to the Great Smoky Mountains. We can’t wait to hit the open road for one more road trip! This time Peyton and I are heading out of town with my parents, and he is so excited!
One of the favorite parts of the road trip for me is that I don’t have to worry with directions. I love how I can utilize OnStar to help while I am traveling. Not only can they assist me for directions, but they can also help me locate places to eat, entertainment, hotels and more while we are on the road. I never have to worry about printing directions or getting lost. I am super excited for our road trip because that helps take much of the stress out of the trip for me.
This summer we had a fun road trip to Hershey PA. It was the sweetest destination for our summer family vacation. I wanted to share with you several tips for your next road trip.
Tips for your next Road Trip
1. Pack Snacks, Drinks, Paper Goods and Wet Wipes. Don’t forget empty plastic grocery sacks for garbage.
2. Pack games, DVD, books, a new toy and create a DIY Travel Art Center for each child. Keeping the kids entertained on long road trips will help you keep your sanity.
3. Be sure to check your tire pressure and check for wear on your tires. My husband always says that our lives rely on our tires – meaning that he won’t take a road trip without being sure we are safe from any wear and tear or low tire pressure.
4. Check your engine fluids. You don’t want to be caught on the road with car trouble. Always take your car in to be serviced before heading out on road trip.
5. Finally, wax your car? Huh? That is not what you were expecting were you? My neighbor actually told us that if you wax your car before a road trip you will get better gas mileage. With gas prices as high as they are now this tip could really come in handy.
I love road trips because it allows me the opportunity to unplug and unwind. However, I am really excited about the new 4G LTE that is available in select 2015 GM vehicles. I often think how I wish I could be connected in the car because it is time that I could be spending working on blog articles or making sure that I don’t miss deadlines on our way to our destination. Just because you are headed off the grid doesn’t mean you can’t be connected to what matters. You will also be able to connect with loved ones at home while on the road trip and share your memories from the road using the OnStar with 4G LTE.
Do you have any last-minute summer plans or travel?
Disclosure: This blog post is part of a paid SocialMoms and OnStar blogging program. The opinions and ideas expressed here are my own. I purchased my GM Denali in 2011 and have been an OnStar Subscriber since that day.
Grand Canyon Tips – A must do on every travel wish list.
Traveling Packing Tips – Tips for saving space and money.
Tips for Traveling with Pets – If you are flying with a dog this is for you.
Disney Fast Pass Tips – Tips to save time at Disney World.
5 Awesome Travel Accessories You Can’t Live Without – A must read.
Stockpiling Moms can be found in all your favorite places. Hop on over to Instagram and follow the fun. We love posting memes, family fun, travel, and whatever we are feeling that day. Pinterest is also an amazing place to visit Stockpiling Moms. This is where you can pin all your favorite articles from our Food, Travel & Lifestyle Blog.
Melissa is a football and soccer mom who has been married to her best friend for 24 years. She loves sharing recipes, travel reviews and tips that focus on helping busy families make memories.
Wow! Great tips! Especially waxing your car – who knew? 🙂
I know! Funny huh?
Super tips! I wish I had Onstar! Sounds amazing.
Thanks – I love OnStar.
I think packing snacks are one of the best money saving tips!
Yes, it saves a ton of money on the road.
I agree packing snacks and water are great money savers. Also, you can never have enough plastic baggies.
Yep – check those tires! So important – if they’ve got uneven wear they might need to be replaced. Better to be safe than experience a blown tire on the interstate!
Yes indeed! You don’t want to have tire problems away from home.