This delicious Slow Cooker Beef Stroganoff recipe is also a great freezer meal! I prepared this meal in an afternoon when doing twenty crockpot freezer meals for my family’s dinners.
With end of the school year activities in full swing and summer break coming, I wanted to make a bunch of prep ahead meals that I could make for my family. This is one of the 20 Slow Cooker Freezer Meals in 4 Hours Plan.
So, I got busy finding and creating recipes so I could take an afternoon and have meals ready to go for my family. This beef crockpot recipe has been a huge hit with my family so far out of all the slow cooker meals we have tried. I served the Beef Stroganoff over cooked pasta noodles. You can also serve with a veggie too!
Be sure that you invest in a good quality slow cooker. Our favorite is this programmable cook and carry 6qt oval slow cooker.
Slow Cooker Beef Stroganoff is so good and it’s an easy freeze slow cooker supper that everyone will love. My whole family loved this complete crockpot dinner meal, and they want me to make it again soon! Be sure to make this crockpot freezer meal, you will not be disappointed. This recipe is naturally gluten free when you use gluten free bouillon cubes. Be sure not to add the sour cream to the freezer bag or at the beginning of cooking. It is added before serving.
Slow Cooker Beef Stroganoff
- 2 lbs stew meat
- 1 lb sliced mushrooms
- 1 whole small onion, diced
- 1/2 cup red cooking wine
- 2 beef bouillon cubes
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup sour cream or more depending on your taste
- Label gallon size freezer bag with name of recipe, date and instructions.
- Place all ingredients except water, cooking wine and sour cream in bag and seal.
- Place in freezer.
- To Cook: Thaw overnight in fridge.
- Remove any liquid from the bag and dump contents in slow cooker and add water and cooking wine and stir well.
- Place lid on.
- Cook on low 5-6 hours. Or you can cook on high for 2-3 hours.
- Remove some of the liquid after cooking if necessary.
- Stir in 1/2 cup sour cream before serving (do not put in at beginning of cook time because it will curdle).
- Serve over rice or pasta noodles and enjoy!
More Freezer Meals Recipes and Ideas
Shelley is a boy mom, marine wife, and is blessed with an amazing family. She loves sharing recipes, travel reviews and tips that focus on helping busy families make memories.