Raspberry Pear Green Smoothie
I love this Raspberry Pear Green Smoothie. If you like raspberries you are going to love this green smoothie. I mentioned several days ago on facebook that I learned how to make green smoothies and I posted this basic green smoothie recipe and this advanced green smoothie recipe for you and then my new personal favorite the cucumber mango green smoothie – if loved those you are really going to love this one. I have been enjoying a green smoothie every morning since the class. In fact I am down 3 lbs this week! Each smoothie has approximately 200 or less calories and is PACKED full of fruits, vegetables, minerals and nutrients. I am so excited.
I can tell you my energy level is amazing. One tip that I learned is to use a certified therapeutic grade lemon essential oil or lemon rind to take the “bite” out of the greens. I also learned that by adding 1/2 cup or so berries you will turn your smoothie to a beautiful shade of pink, blue or red and it tastes just a little better I hope you enjoy! One tip is to freeze berries when they are at a stockpile price. You can even freeze green smoothies.
I love to freeze ingredients for my green smoothies! It saves me time and money!
UPDATE: You may want to read this post on How To Make Green Smoothies
Weight Watchers Points Plus = 2 Points
Raspberry Pear Green SmoothiePrint Recipe
- 2 cups almond sunflower or coconut milk
- Large Handful of Spinach
- Small Handful of other greens like Kale and Swiss Chard
- Celery 2 stalks
- 1 Pair Cut up with peel - no core
- 1/2 cups frozen raspberries
- 1-2 drops lemon oil or 1 tsp freshly ground lemon peel
- 2 leaves of fresh organic mint
- Add 2 cups of milk to blender
- Add 1 large handful of spinach and other greens to blender
- Blend greens - add more greens if desired
- Add Pear (peel included - however no core) - chop into smaller pieces if you are using a blender versus a blendtec or vitamix
- Add 2 stalks of celery (chopped if you don't have a blendtec or vitamix)
- Add 1/2 cup frozen raspberries
- Add 1-2 drops of lemon essential oil or 1 tsp. freshly ground lemon peel
- Add 2 mint leaves optional
- This recipe makes two smoothies. Enjoy one for breakfast and the other for an afternoon snack.
- You don't have to get hung up on measuring - feel free to "eye ball" it or use what you have in your refrigerator.
Green Smoothie Recipes:
Advanced Green Smoothie Recipe
Blueberry Delight Green Smoothie
Disclosure: We are not providing medical advice, please consult your physician with any questions.
Melissa is a football and soccer mom who has been married to her best friend for 24 years. She loves sharing recipes, travel reviews and tips that focus on helping busy families make memories.
That looks delish- but where do you buy sunflower milk?
I bought mine at Jungle Jim’s.
Teresa, Sunrich Naturals makes SoL Sunflower Beverage which is an amazing milk substitute. To find out where to buy it, visit this link on our website. http://www.sunrich.com/where-to-buy.html It’s great for those with allergies and those that need to be gluten-free,