This Salmon with Corn Salad is a healthy and low fat summer dish. It is so refreshing on a hot day. I love to make this with garden fresh vegetables from the farmer’s market.
I made this in my air fryer but you could easily make it in your oven or on the grill. I am always looking for a low fat and healthy fish dish. I recently started eating salmon or another type of fish once a week so this will be in the menu plan for sure. Anything with avocado and I am in. The combination of the corn salad makes for a nice healthy carb if you are carb cycling.
It is the perfect combination with the fresh cilantro, avocado, tomato and corn. I used all fresh but if you are making this off season you could use a frozen corn too.
Best of all this Salmon with Corn Salad is gluten free. I made the entire dinner in less than 10 minutes. I love to use my air fryer or grill on a hot summer night.
Weight Watchers Points Plus = 7 Points
Salmon with Corn Salad
- Corn Salad
- 4 ears fresh corn on the cob kernels removed from cob
- 1 cup halved grape tomatoes
- 1 small ripe avocado, diced
- 2 whole stems green onion, diced
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 4 6 oz. salmon fillets
- 1 can olive oil cooking spray
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- For the salmon, preheat grill. or air fryer Spray fillets all over with cooking spray, then season with salt and pepper. Place salmon, skin-side up, on grill. After about 2 minutes, turn salmon a quarter turn and cook 2 minutes longer. Flip salmon and grill until cooked through, 4 to 5 minutes more. If using air fryer place skin side down and cook with fish button. Approx. 8 minutes.
- Lightly sauté the corn in a skillet on medium heat in some avocado oil.
- For the salad, put corn, tomatoes, avocado, onion, cilantro, oil, vinegar, salt and pepper into a large bowl and toss gently to combine. Set aside.
- Remove salmon from grill or air fryer and serve immediately, topped with corn and avocado salad.
Stockpiling Moms can be found in all your favorite places. Hop on over to Instagram and follow the fun. We love posting memes, family fun, travel, and whatever we are feeling that day. Pinterest is also an amazing place to visit Stockpiling Moms. This is where you can pin all your favorite articles from our Food, Travel & Lifestyle Blog.