Oven Fried Fish Recipe
This delicious Oven Fried Fish Recipe is so good, and you don’t have to go to a fish fry to get it! I do love going to the local fish fry this time of year, but it can become quite expensive with a family of five.
So instead, I like to enjoy my grandmother’s recipe that gives you the same taste. My whole family with the exception of my youngest child love fish. If you and your family does too then you need to try this Oven Fried Fish Recipe, you will not be disappointed!
It is the perfect recipe for Lent and a great way to prepare a fried fish at home but in the oven.
Oven Fried Fish Recipe
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine melted
- 2 large eggs beaten
- 2 tablespoons milk or water
- 1/2 cup Yellow Corn Meal
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/4 teaspoons paprika
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 lbs fresh or frozen thawed white fish fillets
- Preheat oven to 400° F.
- Coat 13 x 9-inch baking dish with butter.
- Combine eggs and milk in medium bowl.
- Next combine the corn meal, flour, paprika and garlic powder in a medium size bowl.
- Dip the fish fillets into egg mixture, coating both sides, then into the corn meal mixture.
- Place the fish skin-side down in the baking dish.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork.
- Season with salt and ground black pepper to taste.
- Serve and enjoy!
More Seafood Recipes You May Enjoy:
Gluten Free Lemon Dijon Shrimp Pasta
Flounder with Spinach and Peppers
Stockpiling Moms can be found in all your favorite places. Hop on over to Instagram and follow the fun. We love posting memes, family fun, travel, and whatever we are feeling that day. Pinterest is also an amazing place to visit Stockpiling Moms. This is where you can pin all your favorite articles from our Food, Travel & Lifestyle Blog.
Shelley is a boy mom, marine wife, and is blessed with an amazing family. She loves sharing recipes, travel reviews and tips that focus on helping busy families make memories.
Wow! Can’t wait to try this.
Been looking for a good oven fried fish recipe. Believe this one will work just fine, will be trying. Thanks for the recipes. I know it is a lot of work, but to a job well done, Keep up the good job.
Made this today,served it with a cold pasta salad and it reminded me of the fish my granny made???
The original post I clicked on that led me to this recipe said these are weight watchers recipes but I don’t see the points on the recipe anywhere??
Your oven fish recipe looks good.
I used fresh caught white fish, altered recipe 1/4 c flour and added cayenne, garlic and onion powder (cajun). delicious.
This is a excellent oven fried fish recipe. Easy clean up afterwards.