It doesn’t get better than KY Bourbon Balls at Christmas (or any day of the year). It is a family tradition to serve them and my Aunt always made these for us growing up. It was a candy that I wasn’t allowed to enjoy as a child but once I was a teen I would always sneak one. As I grew up I realized how delicious it truly is.
I always say you you haven’t been to KY if you haven’t enjoyed a KY Bourbon Ball. This candy takes two days to prepare but it is worth the wait! Best of all they can be made up in advance because I feel like they only get better with age.
My husband absolutely adores Bourbon Balls. You can make this recipe and then prepare them into small containers to give as gifts. They store well in an airtight container. Be sure to try this recipe and enjoy this delicious treat.
KY Bourbon Balls
- 1 cookie sheet
- 1 wax paper
- 1 double boiler
- 1 stick butter
- 1 box powdered sugar
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 4 TBSP bourbon (we like maker's mark)
- 4 oz. semisweet chocolate chips
- 4 oz. bittersweet chocolate
- On day one: cream the butter and sugar and add chopped pecans, mixing well.
- Add the chopped pecans, mixing well.
- Add the bourbon and quickly shape into balls using about 1 TBSP for each ball.
- Refrigerate overnight.
- Day Two: Melt both the chocolates in a double boiler until the chocolate has a smooth consistency. Dip the chilled bourbon balls into the chocolate.
- Place the candy on waxed paper in the refrigerator to harden.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge.
Other Posts to Enjoy:
Race Day Pie Recipe – This is the pie you want to make on Derby Day!
DIY Derby Party – AMAZING ideas that are perfect for an at home party.
DIY Equestrian Ribbon Invitation (Derby Party) – These are precious and the perfect addition to your Derby Party.
Stockpiling Moms can be found in all your favorite places. Hop on over to Instagram and follow the fun. We love posting memes, family fun, travel, and whatever we are feeling that day. Pinterest is also an amazing place to visit Stockpiling Moms. This is where you can pin all your favorite articles from our Food, Travel & Lifestyle Blog.