Cheeseburger Stuffed Potatoes is a HUGE hit at my house! The combination of potato and cheeseburger makes for a filling main dish or can be served as a side dish as well. I often make baked potatoes in my crockpot too!
Some of my other favorites include Sour Cream & Chive Baked Potato if I want something that is simple. Cheeseburger Stuffed Potatoes is a great game day recipe, and it is perfect for tailgating! It is sure to be a crowd pleaser! My husband loves this one because it brings him the flavor of a burger with the combination of a potato. I guess you can say he is a meat and potato man!
Cheeseburger Stuffed Potatoes
- 3 large russet potatoes scrubbed
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 1/2 lb lean ground beef
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 cup tomato paste
- 3 Tbsp Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 tsp salt plus 1/4 tsp Pepper or to taste
- 2 Tbsp unsalted butter
- 6 slices American cheese
- Sour Cream
- Preheat oven to 450°F. Prick potatoes several times with a fork and place them directly on oven rack. Bake until tender, 50 to 60 minutes.
- While potatoes are baking, heat the oil in a deep skillet over medium heat. Add the onion and cook until slightly translucent, about 10 minutes. Add the beef, stirring to break it up, and cook about 5 minutes, until browned.
- Stir in the Worcestershire sauce, tomato paste, Parmesan cheese, 1/2 tsp salt, and pepper to taste. Cook another 5 minutes.
- Remove potatoes from oven and set aside until cool enough to handle. Cut them in half lengthwise and carefully scoop out the flesh into a mixing bowl, leaving some behind to keep the shells intact. Mash potatoes lightly, then mix in the butter, sour cream (To Taste), and 1/4 tsp salt. Set aside.
- Fill each potato shell with about 2 Tbsp of the cooked hamburger mixture, then top with about 3 Tbsp of the potato mixture, mounding slightly. Top with a slice of American cheese and bake until melted, about 5 minutes. Serve immediately.
Stockpiling Moms can be found in all your favorite places. Hop on over to Instagram and follow the fun. We love posting memes, family fun, travel, and whatever we are feeling that day. Pinterest is also an amazing place to visit Stockpiling Moms. This is where you can pin all your favorite articles from our Food, Travel & Lifestyle Blog.
Shelley is a boy mom, marine wife, and is blessed with an amazing family. She loves sharing recipes, travel reviews and tips that focus on helping busy families make memories.