Instant Pot Red Beans and Rice is a perfect addition to your meal plan this week. It’s a great flavorful and easy to create recipe that everyone loves, and it’s an ideal option for frugal budgets. This recipe is easy to manage, and is sure to please!
Be sure to give this delicious recipe a try! It is a great way to stretch your grocery budget.
This Instant Pot Red Beans and Rice is a great hearty meal that everyone loves. If you want to stay plant-based, you can use vegetable broth instead of beef broth. If you want to add a bit more protein, you can dice your favorite smoked sausage or add cooked and seasoned ground meat to the mixture.
Instant Pot Red Beans and RicePrint Recipe
- 1 cup dry pinto beans
- 6 cups beef broth
- 1 cup carrots diced
- 1 small onion diced
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon Cajun seasoning
- 1 cup Instant White Rice
- Place pinto beans, broth, carrots, garlic, onion, and Cajun seasoning into Instant Pot Liner.
- Place and seal lid.
- Set to high pressure for 50 minutes.
- Once cooking cycle is complete, allow it to natural pressure release for 5 minutes, then quick release the remaining pressure.
- Set your Instant Pot to Saute feature, and add the Instant rice.
- Stir well and cook for an additional 10 minutes or until rice has cooked through.
You can easily adjust this recipe for flavor if you prefer spicier. We love a nice mild Cajun flavor, but some prefer a lot more kick. Feel free to add peppers, chili powder, or extra Cajun seasoning if desired.
Weight Watchers Points:
Makes 5-6 servings
2 cups per serving
5 SmartPoints on FreeStyle (points are in broth and rice – beans are zero points)
Instant Pot Recipes:
More Great Recipes:
Stockpiling Moms can be found in all your favorite places. Hop on over to Instagram and follow the fun. We love posting memes, family fun, travel, and whatever we are feeling that day. Pinterest is also an amazing place to visit Stockpiling Moms. This is where you can pin all your favorite articles from our Food, Travel & Lifestyle Blog.