This delicious Homemade Sloppy Joe Recipe is a favorite in my house during baseball season. This meal is quick and can be prepared in 30 minutes. I need quick and easy dinner recipes for our meals when baseball is in full swing because we have several practices and games throughout the week.
So if you are busy and and need a quick and simple meal then this is the meal for you! We love this Homemade Sloppy Joe recipe. I love being able to control the ingredients I use and eliminate the processed canned version. Trust me once you try this you will never use a can again!
Here’s a menu planning tip –> I like to brown my ground beef when I get it at the store and freeze it so it saves time when preparing my meals. For this meal I had frozen ground beef that I had browned with onion and green pepper. I pulled it out of the freezer and let it thaw in the fridge overnight and it was ready to use when it came dinner time. I just put it in the skillet and heated it up and followed the rest of the recipe! This is a huge time saver!
Homemade Sloppy Joes are perfect when you need to feed a large crowd. You can double or triple this recipe and it is perfect for game day! It is also great when you are hosting a family party or gathering. My entire extended family craves this delicious recipe. In fact my son always asks for this for this birthday dinner. I like to serve homemade Sloppy Joes with fries, macaroni and cheese and green beans. It is the perfect easy recipe for busy nights. I hope your family enjoys it as much as mine does.
Homemade Sloppy Joe Recipe
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon prepared yellow mustard
- 3/4 cup ketchup
- 3 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 dash ground black pepper
- 1 TBSP Worcestershire sauce
- In a medium skillet over medium heat, brown the ground beef, onion, and green pepper; drain off liquids.
- Stir in the garlic powder, mustard, ketchup, Worcestershire sauce and brown sugar; mix thoroughly.
- Reduce heat, and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve on buns with a slice of cheddar cheese and enjoy.