I love homemade sausage gravy. I grew up eating this as a child. It is truly southern comfort food! If you have never made it yourself then be sure to give this easy recipe a try.
Start by frying your sausage patties and reserve a couple to crumble up into the gravy. Reserve all of your grease and add butter to the skillet. After it melts then slowly whisk in the flour making sure there is no clumps. Next slowly pour in the milk and whisk. The sauce will start to thicken, finally add in salt and pepper. Be sure to taste test and add more if desired.
Best of all you can easily make this gravy gluten free when you use Bob’s Red Mill Gluten Free Flour (or any brand that you desire) or you can make it with traditional all-purpose flour.
Serve Homemade Sausage Gravy over biscuits and enjoy.
Homemade Sausage Gravy
- 1 skillet
- 1 lb. sausage (reserve grease) (I use mild)
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- 2 1/2 cups whole milk
- 3/4 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- Fry sausage patties in skillet
- Remove sausage, Reserve grease. Melt butter in skillet with reserved grease over medium heat.
- Wisk in flour until mixture is creamy, smooth and free of clumps.
- Slowly pour in milk and continue whisking.
- Add salt and pepper and whisk until well blended. Add 1/2 tsp at a time and taste and then add more depending on your desire.
- Add 2-3 crumbled sausage patties into the gravy and stir well.
- Serve over biscuits and enjoy.
More Seasoning/Sauce Recipes
Stockpiling Moms can be found in all your favorite places. Hop on over to Instagram and follow the fun. We love posting memes, family fun, travel, and whatever we are feeling that day. Pinterest is also an amazing place to visit Stockpiling Moms. This is where you can pin all your favorite articles from our Food, Travel & Lifestyle Blog.