Country Fried Steak
Country Fried Steak is one of my favorite comfort foods of all times. It reminds me of my childhood. My Granny used to make it all the time for us on Sunday after church and for family dinners.
Being raised in the South there was nothing better than a good home cooked meal. Not only is Country Fried Steak an easy meal it is also affordable. It is a nice way to have a steak without the expense and it is crowd pleaser for sure.
I like to serve it with homemade mashed potatoes and green beans or corn. Trust me when I say this is going to become a family favorite. I hadn’t made this since I became gluten free so I adapted it by using Bob’s Red Mill Gluten Free Flour but you can use all purpose flour instead. Season as you desire but my favorite spice is Old Oyster Bay Seasoning.
Let me know how you enjoy this Country Fried Steak Recipe. It is one of our favorites!
Country Fried Steak
- 1 skillet with lid
- 1 turner
- 4 whole beef cube steak (I used 1.31 lb)
- 1/2 cup flour (all purpose or gluten free)
- 1 tsp Old Bay Seasoning
- 2 TBSP corn starch
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch black pepper
- 1/2 cup avocado oil (or oil of your choice)
- On medium heat add oil to skillet to heat up.
- Combine flour, corn starch, salt, pepper and old bay seasoning in a bowl.
- Add one piece of cub steak at a time to the bowl and be sure to coat heavily on both sides.
- Add to skillet and cook until done. We like ours to be medium well (5-7 minutes on each side - depending on thickness).
- Optional if you want gravy: After done remove from skillet and add any leftover flour, stirring constantly.
- Add milk to reach the desired thickness and stir constantly.
- Serve gravy over steak and mashed potatoes if desired.
Try out these other Side Dish recipes.
Roasted Asparagus with Parmesan Cheese
Stockpiling Moms can be found in all your favorite places. Hop on over to Instagram and follow the fun. We love posting memes, family fun, travel, and whatever we are feeling that day. Pinterest is also an amazing place to visit Stockpiling Moms. This is where you can pin all your favorite articles from our Food, Travel & Lifestyle Blog.
Melissa is a football and soccer mom who has been married to her best friend for 24 years. She loves sharing recipes, travel reviews and tips that focus on helping busy families make memories.