Homemade Potato Soup is a hearty soup for a cold day. This soup was so good and full of taste. I like that it doesn’t take all day to prepare either. It was ready to go in 45 minutes.
Homemade Potato Soup is comfort food! Topped with some bacon and cheese for a loaded version. You can’t go wrong with this! Shredded cheese and crumbled bacon are optional but anything that has potatoes, bacon and cheese are amazing in my book! I like to serve this with sugar cornbread.
Homemade Potato Soup
- 3 1/2 cups peeled and diced potatoes
- 1/3 cup diced celery
- 1/3 cup finely chopped onion
- 3 1/4 cups water
- 2 tablespoons chicken bouillon granules
- 1/2 teaspoon salt or to taste
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 5 tablespoons butter
- 5 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 cups milk
- Combine the potatoes, celery, onion and water in a stockpot.
- Bring to a boil, then cook over medium heat until potatoes are tender, about 10 to 15 minutes.
- Stir in the chicken bouillon, salt and pepper.
- In a separate saucepan, melt butter over medium-low heat.
- Whisk in flour with a fork, and cook, stirring constantly until thick, about 1 minute.
- Slowly stir in milk as not to allow lumps to form until all of the milk has been added.
- Continue stirring over medium-low heat until thick, 4 to 5 minutes.
- Stir the milk mixture into the stockpot, and cook soup until heated through.
Other Recipes You May Enjoy:
3 Ingredient Cookie and Treat Recipes
THREE INGREDIENT PEANUT BUTTER COOKIES – Three ingredient peanut butter cookies are my go to cookie recipe for an easy peanut butter cookie.
COCOA MARSHMALLOW TREATS – Cocoa Marshmallow Treats are such a fun and an inventive way to make a kid friendly dessert!
Mallow Treat Bars – This is a great kid-friendly recipe that kids of all ages can assist in making.
Gluten Free Crispy Cocoa Rice Treats – This Gluten Free Crispy Cocoa Rice Treats recipe is amazing and so easy to prepare! They taste so good that you can’t tell they are gluten free.
Interested in Freezer Cooking?
We have a Freezer Cooking 101 Series that you may enjoy!
Stockpiling Moms can be found in all your favorite places. Hop on over to Instagram and follow the fun. We love posting memes, family fun, travel, and whatever we are feeling that day. Pinterest is also an amazing place to visit Stockpiling Moms. This is where you can pin all your favorite articles from our Food, Travel & Lifestyle Blog.
Shelley is a boy mom, marine wife, and is blessed with an amazing family. She loves sharing recipes, travel reviews and tips that focus on helping busy families make memories.