Grinch Rice Krispies Treats are so adorable to make for your family, school treats or for a Christmas party. They are super easy to make and your kids will have a blast helping you in the kitchen. I started this treat by mixing up a basic recipe for Rice Krispies. Next, I added some green food coloring to the mix and stirred well. I then spread it out onto a baking sheet and let it cool for about 2 minutes.
Spray your hands with non stick cooking spray and started molding the rice krispies into the Grinch’s head. Then press 2 yellow M&M’s into the each treat, where the eyes should be. Put the frosting in a bag and pipe the Grinch’ mouth, nose and eyebrows and a squiggle for the hair on top. Let them harden then placed in individual bags for my kids to take to school for their Christmas party.
The Grinch Rice Krispies Treats turned out so cute and my boys loved them! They had so much fun making them and then enjoyed eating them right away. It was a great fun afternoon in the kitchen making memories!
We hope you enjoy these cute Grinch Rice Krispies Treats as much as we do. They are perfect for a Christmas party, play date or bake sale. Also great on a night when you plan to watch The Grinch movie.
Grinch Rice Krispies Treats
- 1 10 oz pkg marshmallows
- 6 cups rice krispies
- 3 Tbsp butter
- 8-9 drops of green food coloring
- 1 bag mini M&M's you will need the yellow ones from it
- 1 can of chocolate frosting
- Melt butter in a sauce pan over low heat.
- Once melted add marshmallows and stir occasionally until melted.
- Place cereal into a large bowl and add marshmallow mixture.
- Add in food coloring.
- Once mixed together spread out into a greased 13X9 baking sheet.
- Let the mixture cool for two minutes.
- Spritz hands with cooking spray or grease with vegetable oil so the treats don’t stick to your hands.
- Mold the treats into the shape of the Grinch’s head, which looks a lot like the curved base of a violin.
- Press two yellow M&Ms into each treat, where the eyes should be.
- Place frosting in a piping bag or a resealable bag with the corner snipped off to draw the Grinch’s mouth and nose on each treat, as well as a pupil on each M&M “eye” and eyebrows on top.
- Draw a squiggle for the hair on top of his head.
- Let them harden then serve.
Grinch Recipes and Ideas You May Enjoy:
Stockpiling Moms can be found in all your favorite places! Hop on over to Instagram and follow the fun! We love posting memes, family fun, travel, and whatever we are feeling that day! Pinterest is also an amazing place to visit Stockpiling Moms. This is where you can pin all your favorite articles from our Food, Travel & Lifestyle Blog!
Shelley is a boy mom, marine wife, and is blessed with an amazing family. She loves sharing recipes, travel reviews and tips that focus on helping busy families make memories.