Gluten Free Chocolate Citrus Bars are a delicious dessert and so moist! I love adding a little citrus to chocolate. It is a great dessert option and I love the walnuts too! A wonderful pairing of orange and chocolate makes for a delicious treat! Gluten Free Chocolate Citrus Bars are so delicious and easy to make.
Gluten Free Chocolate Citrus Bars
- 3/4 cup shortening
- 2 cups white sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 5 eggs
- 1 tsp orange peel grated
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 cup almond meal
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup chopped apricots
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 1/2 cups baking cocoa
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease 9x13 baking pan.
- In large mixer bowl, beat shortening, sugars and eggs until light and fluffy. Add orange peel and vanilla; blend well.
- Stir in flours, baking soda and salt.
- Stir in chopped apricots, walnuts, and baking cocoa.
- Spread mixture into greased pan.
- Bake 25-30 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Allow to cool, then cut into bars.
Gluten Free Recipes:
MORE RECIPES YOU AND YOUR FAMILY MAY ENJOY:
Jalapeno Popper Dip (Low Fat ~ Weight Watchers)
Interested in Freezer Cooking?
We have a Freezer Cooking 101 Series that you may enjoy!
Stockpiling Moms can be found in all your favorite places. Hop on over to Instagram and follow the fun. We love posting memes, family fun, travel, and whatever we are feeling that day. Pinterest is also an amazing place to visit Stockpiling Moms. This is where you can pin all your favorite articles from our Food, Travel & Lifestyle Blog.
Rachel is the mother of a son with Autism. She and her family began eating a gluten-free, casein-free diet in November 2011. Not long after, she discovered that she too was intolerant of gluten and has happily enjoyed discovering new ways to find delicious ways to enjoy eating a gfcf diet. Please visit her blog to learn more.