I love this Exploding Colors A Rainbow of Fun Science Experiment. This was a really fun science experiment using food coloring that Peyton and I enjoyed doing together. It was really cool.
Be sure your milk is at room temperature or even a little warmed in the microwave. The tip is for it not to be cold to really get some fun color explosions! This is the perfect activity for Summer Vacation or a Snow Day!
Measure out 50 mL of milk and bring to room temperature or microwave it a few seconds. Next add a few drops of food coloring to the dish.
Finally add a drop of liquid soap into the middle of the bowl and see what happens! It is a colorful explosion. Trust me the kids will love it!
Exploding Colors :: A Rainbow of Fun Science Experiment
- 1 dish microwave safe
- 1 cup Milk, white
- 1 squirt Liquid Dish Soap
- 3-4 drops bottles of different food coloring
- Measure out 50 mL of milk and bring to room temperature.
- Pour the milk into the dish.
- Add a few drops of food coloring to the milk. Make sure to use different colors.
- Put a single drop of liquid dishwashing soap in the middle of the dish.
- Watch and see what happens as the colors explode!
More Projects to Enjoy:
Stockpiling Moms can be found in all your favorite places. Hop on over to Instagram and follow the fun. We love posting memes, family fun, travel, and whatever we are feeling that day. Pinterest is also an amazing place to visit Stockpiling Moms. This is where you can pin all your favorite articles from our Food, Travel & Lifestyle Blog.