While visiting my mother for a weekend, she made this easy potato soup for me. She got the recipe from her friend Barbara. The soup was amazing and only has 5 ingredients in it — with cream cheese being one of them. I love this Easy Potato Soup recipe that is naturally gluten free!
Easy Potato Soup
- 10 cups of diced potatoes
- 1/2 cup minced onion
- 1/2 tsp. crushed red pepper more or less to taste
- 2 - 32 oz. chicken broth
- 2 - 8 oz. cream cheese
- Combine broth, potatoes, onions and pepper and cook until potatoes are tender.
- Remove 2 cups of potatoes and mash (do not drain potatoes).
- Return mashed potatoes to pot, add cubed cream cheese, stirring frequently until cream cheese is melted.
- Serve with shredded cheddar cheese and bacon bits to garnish.
- I added salt and fresh ground pepper to taste.
Other Gluten Free Recipes You May Enjoy:
Baked “Fried” Squash
Gluten Free and Dairy Free German Chocolate Cake
Gluten Free Cheese Grits
Gluten-Free Flour Mix Recipe
Gluten-Free Fried Chicken
Gluten-Free Homemade “Larabars”