Easy Homemade Apple Pie is an amazing dessert recipe that is perfect for Fall. Apples are in abundance at this time of year and I can not resist them at my local Farmer’s Market. I love to stock up and make Crockpot Applesauce and Apple Butter but I also love to use them for pies.
On Sundays I love to cook a big family dinner with all the trimmings following with a delicious dessert. This past Sunday we devoured this Apple Pie and boy was it good. Some of the family had some vanilla ice cream along with the Easy Homemade Apple Pie.
Easy Homemade Apple Pie
- 1 recipe pastry for a 9 inch double crust pie or Pillsbury Ready Pie Crust
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 8 Granny Smith apples - peeled cored and sliced
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Melt the butter in a saucepan.
- Stir in flour to form a paste.
- Add water, white sugar and brown sugar, bring to a boil.
- Reduce temperature and let simmer.
- Place the bottom crust in your pan.
- Fill with apples, mounded slightly.
- Cover with a lattice work crust.
- Gently pour the sugar and butter liquid over the crust.
- Pour slowly so that it does not run off.
- Bake 15 minutes in the preheated oven.
- Reduce the temperature to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Continue baking for 35 to 45 minutes, until apples are soft.
Interested in Freezer Cooking?
We have a Freezer Cooking 101 Series that you may enjoy!
Stockpiling Moms can be found in all your favorite places. Hop on over to Instagram and follow the fun. We love posting memes, family fun, travel, and whatever we are feeling that day. Pinterest is also an amazing place to visit Stockpiling Moms. This is where you can pin all your favorite articles from our Food, Travel & Lifestyle Blog.
Shelley is a boy mom, marine wife, and is blessed with an amazing family. She loves sharing recipes, travel reviews and tips that focus on helping busy families make memories.