Disney’s Caribbean Beach Resort Review
We have stayed at so many of the resorts at Disney and we wanted to try a new resort! If you are looking for a beachy feel for your Disney trip this is it! This property is beautiful and will have you relaxing in paradise in no time! From amazing landscapes, beautiful beaches, and swaying hammocks you are sure to find a place to relax. However, like every resort vacation there are lots of pros and cons and that is what I would like to cover in this Disney’s Caribbean Beach Resort Review.
Pros of Caribbean Beach Resort
- My hands down favorite pro is the skyliner! The Caribbean Beach Resort is located at the hub of the skyliner. It is a perfect place to be! Travel in style to the International Gateway in Epcot or Hollywood Studios! This system makes visiting parks and dining reservations so much easier.
- On our trip they were doing 30 minute early entry for resort guests! It was a game changer!
- Relaxing in a hammock on the beach was just what I needed after a long day at the parks.
- You can continue the adventure by staying in a Pirate Themed room! Caution, the pirate rooms only have double beds.
- This resort has a 5th sleeper option which is perfect for larger families.
- Rooms, with the exception of the Pirate rooms, have queen size beds. There are some with single King Size Beds.
- The zero entry Pirate themed pool is great! It is equipped with water cannons and 2 water slides! The littles can have a swashbuckling time in the shipwreck play area. There are also 5 leisure pools.
- While you are at the pool check out Banana Cabana pool bar!
- Check out the movies under the stars and all the great playgrounds available!
- As always, Disney transportation to the park is always a plus when staying on property!
- The home of Barefoot Bay. Barefoot Bay is a 45 acre lake surrounded by just over a mile walking path.
Cons of Caribbean Beach Resort
- Be ready to walk, and walk, and walk! This resort is HUGE! Nothing is convenient. You will walk everywhere you need to go. There were also a couple of times we spent extra time trying to find our room!
- There are bus stops at each island. Our room was in Jamaica and almost every time the bus got to us it was full. We started walking to the Old Port Royale stop, at the front of the hotel, to make sure we were one of the first ones on. We hear the furthest rooms can be a 15 minute walk to the Old Port Royale.
- There are no guest elevators to help you get your luggage upstairs. You should have seen us dragging ours up and down. If there is any reason you can not climb the stairs be sure to ask to be on the first floor.
- Like most of the resorts there is a parking fee per car.
- You can not swim in the lake! Remember you are in Florida! Please watch for gators!
- You can only take the skyline to Epcot and Hollywood Studios. I don’t mind this but some do! If there is thunder or lightening the Skyliner will shut down and they will start the busses.
- Bus travel to parks can be long.
CHECK OUT OTHER GREAT DISNEY ARTICLES!
The Best Gluten Free Food at Walt Disney World
Disney Tony’s Town Square Restaurant Review
Visiting Disney with Special Needs
HOW TO SEE MORE CHARACTERS AT DISNEY WORLD
WHY YOU SHOULD CONSIDER A WALT DISNEY FISHING EXCURSION
WALT DISNEY WORLD PACKING LIST
Shelley is a boy mom, marine wife, and is blessed with an amazing family. She loves sharing recipes, travel reviews and tips that focus on helping busy families make memories.